What is the current status of asymptotic safety?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
the_pulp
Messages
206
Reaction score
9
Hi everybody, I guess most of you know of the 2009 higgs mass prediction. Nevertheless there has been important changes in the top quark mass estimations. So I wanted to know:
1 if there is any update on that prediction and if it is still in good agreement with the Higgs mass?
2 if there is at least possibility of good agreement with cosmological constant, dark matter, etc.
Just to sum up, if AS is still a possibility or not.

Thanks in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I guess that the two questions were very clear! Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks in advance
 
• mH = 126.3 ± 2.2 GeV Authors: Shaposhnikov & C. Wetterich (2009) Idea: Assume that gravity is asymptotically safe, that there are no intermediate energy scales between the Fermi and Planck scales, that the gravity induced anomalous dimension of the Higgs selfcoupling is positive. Techniques: renormalisation group flow with mt = 171.2 GeV

I thought it was clear from the title. Sorry!
Anyway, as I think that mt estimation should have changed by now, I was wondering if this sort of prediction still holds.
Also I wanted to know if there is any tension between AS and something else beyond SM (Dark Matter, Cosmological Constant, Inflation, Neutrinos, whatever)

Thanks!
 
Thanks for this response. Nevertheless the FAQ is from 2012 and my question was about impact en the feasibility of AS given the updates (many of them, after 2012) in the estimation of the masses of the Higgs and the Top particles.

Thanks for bringing this thread to life again!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Urs Schreiber