What is the current that runs through the circuit

In summary, the conversation is about finding the current in a circuit and the person asking for help is advised to attempt solving the problem by applying Kirchoff's voltage law, or to look it up if they are not familiar with it.
badboydasgatas
What is the current that runs through the circuit below:
http://imageshack.us/a/img39/6000/circuito3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to make an attempt to solve the problem before we can help. What do you know and what have you tried?

I would like to know how to find the result, this was the reason post

phyzguy said:
You need to make an attempt to solve the problem before we can help. What do you know and what have you tried?

I would like to know how to find the result, this was the reason post

Do you know Kirchoff's laws? Try applying Kirchoff's voltage law. If you don't know it, look it up.

What is the current that runs through the circuit?

The current that runs through a circuit is the flow of electric charge, typically measured in amperes (A). It is caused by the movement of electrons through a conductor, such as a wire, and is essential for powering electrical devices.

How is the current in a circuit calculated?

The current in a circuit can be calculated using Ohm's Law, which states that current (I) is equal to the voltage (V) divided by the resistance (R). This can be expressed as I = V/R. Alternatively, current can be calculated by measuring the voltage drop across a known resistance using a multimeter.

What factors affect the current in a circuit?

The current in a circuit can be affected by several factors, including the voltage of the power source, the resistance of the circuit components, and the type of conductor used. Changes in any of these factors can result in a change in the current flowing through the circuit.

What are the units of current?

The SI unit for current is the ampere (A), named after the French physicist André-Marie Ampère. In addition to amperes, current can also be expressed in milliamperes (mA) or microamperes (µA).

Can the current in a circuit be controlled?

Yes, the current in a circuit can be controlled by using devices such as resistors or diodes, which can increase or decrease the resistance in the circuit. Additionally, the current can be controlled by adjusting the voltage of the power source or by using a variable resistor.