What is the force exerted on the 7.7 kg block by the 10 kg block?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cmajor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Force Magnitude
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 8K views
cmajor
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Three blocks in contact with each other are pushed across a rough horizontal surface by a 91 N force. F---->[2kg] [7.7kg] [10kg]
If the coefficient of kinetic friction between each of the blocks and the surface is 0.14, find the magnitude of the force exerted on the 7.7 kg block by the 10 kg block.
Answer in units of N.

Homework Equations


F = ma
F = mg
a = F/M - ug

The Attempt at a Solution


from there, I found the acceleration but I am not sure how to find the force exerted on one block by another block.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi cmajor! Welcome to PF! :wink:
cmajor said:
… I found the acceleration but I am not sure how to find the force exerted on one block by another block.

Do F = ma on the 10 kg block …

what do you get? :smile:​