What is the formula for calculating average power of electromagnetic waves?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
blackbyron
Messages
47
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



son01s.jpg


Homework Equations


Savg = Em * Bm / (2*μ0 * c)


The Attempt at a Solution


I solved for S avg without calculating inside the cos, but I got it right.

The z and t is given, but is there the reason why you don't solve inside the cos, or is it the bug? it's makes me confused.

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Savg = Em * Bm / (2*μ0 * c)

What do Savg, Em and Bm mean?

ehild
 
I see, I look at my teacher's notes and saw the exact equation.

So to solve for Savg, it only cares about the maximum values right?
 
Right, the result is independent of frequency or position.