What is the Formula for the Harmonic Curve?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
gaelhouse
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am trying to recall the formula that I call the harmonic curve, that gives the curve that begins at 1 on an x and y-axis where x & y equal 1 and then for every posting therafter:rolleyes: , the curve approaches each axis but never reaches the axis. Anyone know the forumula that will produce this result:rolleyes:
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
gaelhouse said:
I am trying to recall the formula that I call the harmonic curve, that gives the curve that begins at 1 on an x and y-axis where x & y equal 1 and then for every posting therafter:rolleyes: , the curve approaches each axis but never reaches the axis. Anyone know the forumula that will produce this result:rolleyes:

y = 1/x maybe?
 
I think he must be, seeing as there is the "harmonic series" of 1/n.