What Is the Heat Capacity at Constant Pressure for an Ideal Gas?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
k3r0
Messages
15
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I have an ideal gas of n=1023 point particles with a constant pressure of P = 3x105 Pa as 200J of heat flows into it. What is the heat capacity at constant pressure, CP?


Homework Equations


CV = (ΔU + PΔV)/ΔT


The Attempt at a Solution


Okay... So I have N, P and Q. I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I have no idea how to even begin finding this without ΔT or ΔV.

(Also, the next part of the problem involves finding delta T, which can be found using Q/C, so I'm assuming I shouldn't be finding it in this part of the question.) This is one part of a multiple part question and I can do the rest of them quite easily -- I feel like I'm missing something.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org