What is the Intensity of Seidel Point?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pual Black
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Intensity Point
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Pual Black
Messages
91
Reaction score
1
Hello
I have to prove that the intensity of seidel point is equal to
##I_{sp}=\frac{8}{\pi^2} I_o##

I didn't get any other information only that there is an integration in this prove.
Hope you can help me.
It is enough for me if you only give me link or the name of this prove.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Pual Black said:
Hello
I have to prove that the intensity of seidel point is equal to
##I_{sp}=\frac{8}{\pi^2} I_o##

I didn't get any other information only that there is an integration in this prove.
Hope you can help me.
It is enough for me if you only give me link or the name of this prove.
I Googled Seidel point intensity and got no hits, so I have no idea what the subject matter is.
Is it to do with optical aberration? Can you define a Seidel point for us? Are there any other names by which it might be known? Can you post a link?
 
Yes we have this homework in optics.
I didn't get any useful information. But the subject is about spectroscope.
Maybe this will help?
 
Pual Black said:
Yes we have this homework in optics.
I didn't get any useful information. But the subject is about spectroscope.
Maybe this will help?
If you have not been taught anything about Seidel points then I do not understand how you are expected to answer this question.
 
We will get the information at Monday if nobody can solve this prove.
I thought someone in this forum may know something about this question and step by step get the prove solved.