What is the magnitude of the charge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shashaeee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Charge Magnitude
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
shashaeee
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Two 1.0g beads are charged equally and placed 50cm apart. When released, they begin to accelerate at 150m/s2. What is the magnitude of the charge on each bead?

The equations I used:

F = ma
F = kQQ / r2

I was just wondering about the mass. Do I have to use the total mass (2.0g) for both beads or just the 1.0g?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
shashaeee said:
Two 1.0g beads are charged equally and placed 50cm apart. When released, they begin to accelerate at 150m/s2. What is the magnitude of the charge on each bead?

The equations I used:

F = ma
F = kQQ / r2

I was just wondering about the mass. Do I have to use the total mass (2.0g) for both beads or just the 1.0g?

have a careful think about what object(s) the force(s) act on and the mass of the object(s).