What Is the Meaning of pH = pKa - 1?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
mimi88
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
a,10:1
b,1:10
Relevant Equations
pH=Pka
I think it is 1:10 but I am not sure the meaning of PKa -1, can someone explain it please.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Nothing you say makes any sense. What are a and b? "The ratio of x = y" is meaningless. The meaning of pKa - 1 is the value of pKa minus one; where's the problem?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: epenguin
That still gives no help to answering the question. Presumably a) and b) are alternative answers to the question, but what was the question? Can you quote it - as exactly as possible please.
 
The question is ' What is the ratio of pH= pKa-1? Two choices are given :

(a)10:1
(b)1:10

so I think the answer is (b)