What is the most commonly used CAD software in the industrial world?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jones1987
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Software
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Jones1987
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
I'm currently on a Mech Eng undergrad course going into my final year. I have used a number of drawing and simulation packages.

My question is, in the industrial world what is the most used piece of CAD software? I am not so good with Pro/E and so so with AutoCAD. We are learning Solidworks this year. Out of the 3 named which would you say is the most widely used in industry?

I've always been more of a pencil paper kind of student :P
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I depends on the industry. For MechE's, Pro/E and Solidworks are probably the most used in general (along with Unigraphics and CATIA, especially in aerospace companies).