What Is the Name of the Process Used to Analyze Network Structures?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
eeka chu
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
I've forgotten the word for a process I'm trying to remember.

This process is the named after the person who suggested it (iirc) and it's used to determine the structure of and processing within a network (anything, jumbled up wires etc). Determination is performed by observing what data is present at what points and when. Coincidences of data are then put into a big probability table and as more and more events are recorded, the probabilities of what is connected to what and what processing is at work begin to become more and more certain until you can make a reasonable guess at the structure and operation of that network.

Any ideas?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This sounds vaguely like a distance vector algorithm, I'm not sure if that's what you mean. DV algorithms are based on the Bellman-Ford algorithm.
 
Last edited: