What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 754K views
fresh_42 said:
Have you opened it? Sounds as if a cat might be trapped in it.
I can't. Since I can't read a book I can't read the one on " How to Open a Book" Godel, any one?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur
Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
Have you opened it? Sounds as if a cat might be trapped in it.
Maybe you mean Schro's cat?
 
WWGD said:
Bookstore has this book : " How to Read a Book". I can't read it until I read it.
Please don't read this reply.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix
Jokes that don't work well in writing ( Nor in any other way, really. From real life)

Have you heard of Greenpeace? Yes, I have them in my salad all the time.

Ok, that didn't go well. Tell us about your favorite rapper. Favorite wrapper? I don't really look at them, I will just, for example, open the candy bar and eat it.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur
I had to admit I had never thought of daily specials in restaurants. I have tried a few recently and they have provided a nice amount of food for the money. Side salads, potatos , vegetabless, coffee.
 
New cleaner has exact same color as mouth wash. If I don't post for a while and someone is looking for me, now you know...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur
Strange attractors? The songs I hear played by youtube always converge on a path of songs I don't like, no matter where I start.
 
WWGD said:
Strange attractors? The songs I hear played by youtube always converge on a path of songs I don't like, no matter where I start.
The first step towards good music is to throw away the rapper.
 
fresh_42 said:
The first step towards good music is to throw away the rapper.
I did not eat my Twix today ( neither left- nor right- ).
 
WWGD said:
I did not eat my Twix today ( neither left- nor right- ).
You are not when you're hungry.

Btw., were there people named Descartes or Schrödinger involved?
 
fresh_42 said:
You are not when you're hungry.

Btw., were there people named Descartes or Schrödinger involved?
I am not you when either Descartes, Schrondinger ( nor his cat) are involved. EDIT: But you have piqued my interest. Go on...
 
WWGD said:
I am not you when either Descartes, Schrondinger ( nor his cat) are involved.
I liked the spot with Aretha Schrödinger and René Franklin most.
 
fresh_42 said:
I liked the spot with Aretha Schrödinger and René Franklin most.
In Korea? ( Aretha, the queen of Seoul).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42
Problem is: Since I saw that the Scottish fry Mars bars on television, I can't stop thinking about them whenever it comes to products of that company. I'm haunted.
 
fresh_42 said:
Problem is: Since I saw that the Scottish fry Mars bars on television, I can't stop thinking about them whenever it comes to products of that company. I'm haunted.
Fried Mars bars? Wattarrrrrrrrrrrrrr! EDIT: While I have not known (of) many Scotts, I have never heard any two speak with a similar accent. I guess they have micro-accent regions of size approaching 1.
 
fresh_42 said:
... the Scottish fry Mars bars on television...
Scottish televisions aren't that hot, are they?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
DrGreg said:
Scottish televisions aren't that hot, are they?
I recognized it, but I was late. @WWGD had already quoted it.

I don't know. Scottsmen are very traditional people, maybe they still use cathode ray tubes in their tvs. They can get hot!
 
DrGreg said:
Scottish televisions aren't that hot, are they?
Need to talk like a lawyer on a case or pay the price!
 
Isn't ( a horse) with no name a way of naming the horse? Could we write a song (to wrap/rap) about that?
 
But to be honest: If I had to choose between a fried Mars bar and a Haggis, the Mars bar would definitely win. Whether those habits are the reason they have some really good Whiskeys?
 
WWGD said:
Isn't ( a horse) with no name a way of naming the horse? Could we write a song (to wrap/rap) about that?
Was it this horse?
 
fresh_42 said:
Was it this horse?
Outside of a set of measure 0 , where it is eating Haggis.
 
They have a building architecture style called " Brutalist" ,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture which is a style where mostly buildings used for non-popular functions just do not claim to be anything other than what they are. Like a police building for the state force: no coffee nor gift shops. I mean, what can hey have in a gift shop? A teddy bear that says " You can't do that, I know my rights" every time you press it?
 
WWGD said:
They have a building architecture style called " Brutalist" ,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture which is a style where mostly buildings used for non-popular functions just do not claim to be anything other than what they are. Like a police building for the state force: no coffee nor gift shops. I mean, what can hey have in a gift shop? A teddy bear that says " You can't do that, I know my rights" every time you press it?
That's an euphemism for ugly.
 
fresh_42 said:
That's an euphemism for ugly.
But that's sort of the point. The function is one that is seen as ugly, so the architect makes no effort to hide the ugliness. They just present it for what it is instead.EDIT: At least as I understood the term.
 
Last edited: