What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 753K views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
There must be a mistake: ##80 \cdot 365.25 = 29,220## and ##43,800,000 : 29,220 \approx 1,500##. I don't know how you will manage this, but it is definitely beyond my possibilities.WWGD said:Seems like average person, living 80 years produces some 43,800,000 liters of urine. Enough to fill up around 18 Olympic swimming pools. You can use this if/when you run out of conversation.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
My bad, wrong by a few zeros. 1.5 litters per day, not 1 litter per day: (1.5)(365)(80): 43,800 litters. Maybe initial computation was in cubic cm, not cubic meters. Cubic is some Croatian guy, I guess..fresh_42 said:There must be a mistake: ##80 \cdot 365.25 = 29,220## and ##43,800,000 : 29,220 \approx 1,500##. I don't know how you will manage this, but it is definitely beyond my possibilities.
- 20,819
- 28,467
No, I think Cubic was the guy who placed this stoneWWGD said:My bad, wrong by a few zeros. 1.5 litters per day, not 1 litter per day: (1.5)(365)(80): 43,800 litters. Maybe initial computation was in cubic cm, not cubic meters. Cubic is some Croatian guy, I guess..
I thought he was from Jupiter.
Attachments
Rada Demorn
- 36
- 6
Wrong again. That was Kubrick not Cubic!fresh_42 said:No, I think Cubic was the guy who placed this stone
skyshrimp
- 39
- 122
skyshrimp said:I wonder why the sea isn't made primarily of hydrogen fluoride as fluoride is more negative than oxygen.
So any random thoughts on my fluoride brain fart? I kept it in 'random thoughts' as I don't want to trigger the thought police and get a SWAT team on me.
Sometimes I just want to release a juicy brain fart.
Is this the thread for said farts?
- 20,819
- 28,467
Depends on where you stanleyed.Rada Demorn said:Wrong again. That was Kubrick not Cubic!
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,480
- 2,231
Sorry, I will never use a swimming pool filled with urine, even if I have run out of conversation.WWGD said:Seems like average person, living 80 years produces some 43,800,000 liters of urine. Enough to fill up around 18 Olympic swimming pools. You can use this if/when you run out of conversation.
- 20,819
- 28,467
My personal hypothesis, as far as it concerns @WWGD, @Ibix, and me is a certain affinity towards Dadaism.nuuskur said:What's with these puns?![]()
The best online communication in this respect I ever had (4 people) was an alphabetic flight around the world by IATA codes. It simply developed out of the blue and to the great astonishment to all outstanders what the heck we were talking about. Guess the NSA still tries to figure out what the code words meant.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Last du Mad Magazine? My dream is to have an article of mine accepted there. Working on it.fresh_42 said:My personal hypothesis, as far as it concerns @WWGD, @Ibix, and me is a certain affinity towards Dadaism.
The best online communication in this respect I ever had (4 people) was an alphabetic flight around the world by IATA codes. It simply developed out of the blue and to the great astonishment to all outstanders what the heck we were talking about. Guess the NSA still tries to figure out what the code words meant.
- 20,819
- 28,467
No, but I know what you mean. There's definitely a connection.WWGD said:Last du Mad Magazine? My dream is to have an article of mine accepted there. Working on it.
- 20,819
- 28,467
We have the same question here: Why is it written with "sp"? Does Chinese, either of the two, have "s" or "sh" sounds at all?WWGD said:I don't remember ever hearing someone speaking German or Chinese with a Lisp. Wonder if it is just an English thing. I have a Lisp, but only in writing. And just thometimes.
skyshrimp
- 39
- 122
Had a really good drink tonight and was replying to texts from that fit work colleague. She asked for a favour and make a mild sexual joke about repaying me.
I was on auto-pilot.and got extra cringy, chatting to her like she was my fiancé or something. I even typed 'sorry sweetie' at one point. After that text, she cut the convo.
I've realized what I've done and I'm not even sober yet.
To make it worse, I'm going to her flat after work tomorrow to fix her laptop problem, after said cringe attack.
Major failure bro.
I wish I had a time machine. I'd do anything to erase this event of extreme cringe
I was on auto-pilot.and got extra cringy, chatting to her like she was my fiancé or something. I even typed 'sorry sweetie' at one point. After that text, she cut the convo.
I've realized what I've done and I'm not even sober yet.
To make it worse, I'm going to her flat after work tomorrow to fix her laptop problem, after said cringe attack.
Major failure bro.
I wish I had a time machine. I'd do anything to erase this event of extreme cringe

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Good points. Is there any equivalent, i.e.m Lisp-preserving map between any two? EDIT: You know, Lisp-morphisms of sort.fresh_42 said:We have the same question here: Why is it written with "sp"? Does Chinese, either of the two, have "s" or "sh" sounds at all?
Last edited:
Psinter
- 278
- 785
I saw a thread of comments with jokes in German. It looked funny and I wanted to laugh, but I don't understand German.
I know it was jokes because everyone who knew German were laughing and making witty remarks.
I know it was jokes because everyone who knew German were laughing and making witty remarks.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Reminds me of the rocks I've been collecting from our hippy fair for the last few years.BillTre said:
Of course, I can never remember from one year to the next which planets I'm missing, so I end up with spares.
All natural stones, except for Neptune. But it was half price, so I didn't care.
Attachments
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
You don't need to know German to tell jokes in German. Germans have assigned numbers to all their jokes. It is more organized that way.Psinter said:I saw a thread of comments with jokes in German. It looked funny and I wanted to laugh, but I don't understand German.
I know it was jokes because everyone who knew German were laughing and making witty remarks.
Last edited:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Have you opened it? Sounds as if a cat might be trapped in it.WWGD said:Bookstore has this book : " How to Read a Book". I can't read it until I read it.
Similar threads
- DJeffs
- · Replies 15 ·
- STEM Career Guidance
- Replies
- 15
- Cait
- · Replies 1 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 1
- Replies
- 2

