What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 758K views
It seems like telling someone " Your mom looks really strong" is not always a compliment ( Bet she could power lift?) ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
WWGD said:
It seems like telling someone " Your mom looks really strong" is not always a compliment ( Bet she could power lift?) ?
Well, I guess it depends. Interesting...
 
MrAerospace said:
Well, I guess it depends. Interesting...
It was a kind of awkward (maybe understatement) reply when someone complimented me. I thought I needed to return it but couldn't think of anything else.
 
WWGD said:
It was a kind of awkward (maybe understatement) reply when someone complimented me. I thought I needed to return it but couldn't think of anything else.
Still likely better than "Cool Mustache. Who's that? It's my mom...".
 
I believe chickens aren't real and they are all Turkish turkeys who want to destroy Troy...Howz that for a random thought
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur
Navin said:
I believe chickens aren't real and they are all Turkish turkeys who want to destroy Troy...Howz that for a random thought
Nice facial hair! XD
 
MrAerospace said:
Nice facial hair! XD
DARN MY SHAVER ! FIE UPON THAT UNFATHOMABLY EXPENSIVE RUMMAGE OF PLASTIC AND METAL
 
Navin said:
DARN MY SHAVER ! FIE UPON THAT UNFATHOMABLY EXPENSIVE RUMMAGE OF PLASTIC AND METAL
FIE! ALAS, THY FACIAL HAIR SHALT BE THY DOOM!
 
MrAerospace said:
FIE! ALAS, THY FACIAL HAIR SHALT BE THY DOOM!

ALAS...FATE BE A CRUEL MISTRESS YET AGAIN !
But fear not navin for thou art having a secret weapon down thy sleve !

* takes out old spice shaving cream and an overtly expensive gillete razor *

MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

MR AEROSPACE THY HOUR HAS COME ! SAY THY LAST PRAYERS !
 
Two super storms ravaging America and SEA, I am glad I live in a meteorologically stable place.
 
nuuskur said:
Two super storms ravaging America and SEA, I am glad I live in a meteorologically stable place.
Same here
 
That 'Masters' degree is now useless.
Python joins movement to dump 'offensive' master, slave terms
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur
nuuskur said:
Two super storms ravaging America and SEA, I am glad I live in a meteorologically stable place.
Yeah, I agree. Those are big storms...
 
MrAerospace said:
Yeah, I agree. Those are big storms...
So...howz life ?
 
Navin said:
So...howz life ?
Well, I’m away from the hurricanes, so good I guess;)
How about you?
 
I don't like sugar in my tea, so I use honey. It doesn't have that annoying sharp-sweet taste as sugar, but much milder. I should be good until next summer. :smile:
 
nsaspook said:
That 'Masters' degree is now useless.
Python joins movement to dump 'offensive' master, slave terms
Why should one ignore the feelings of the hard drives involved? Down with the Patriarchy ! \Sarc
 
nuuskur said:
I don't like sugar in my tea, so I use honey. It doesn't have that annoying sharp-sweet taste as sugar, but much milder. I should be good until next summer. :smile:
But in my experience honey does not meet easily into drinks. I can only taste it in the last sip.
 
I deleted around 1,000 emails today. I have deleted similar amounts a good number of times. But I still have some 20,000 messages in my inbox. And that is just for a single account.
 
WWGD said:
I deleted around 1,000 emails today. I have deleted similar amounts a good number of times. But I still have some 20,000 messages in my inbox. And that is just for a single account.
Maybe you should just create a junk mail filter and let it deal with the spam?
 
Borg said:
Maybe you should just create a junk mail filter and let it deal with the spam?
Hotmail has one (Kind if embarrassed to admit I use it) byt it is if poor quality and I don't think I can train it nor does it train itself using my input: Ii move messages from the same source into spam repeatedly nut Hotmail keeps accepting messages from the same source. I remove some from spam folder into regular mail yet Hotmail keeps sending them to spam. Is there a way of training it?
 
Have you tried going into your options and setting inbox rules?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD