What Is the Range of Magnetic Field Values Inside a Toroid?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 7K views
Angie K.
Messages
108
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement



A toroid has a 49.4-cm inner diameter and a 57.4-cm outer diameter. It carries a 23 A current in its 500 coils. Determine the range of values for B inside the toroid.

A) Bmaximum = ?
B) Bminimum = ?

Homework Equations



B = mu0/2pi * NI/r[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried plugging in the values from the problem but I am not sure where I am going wrong.

B minimum = Mu0 * 500 * 23 / 2 pi * (.494/2)

B maximum = Mu0 * 500 * 23 / 2 pi * (.572/2)

Am I doing something wrong with the radius? Is the B minimum not thre inner r and the maximum the outer r?
 
Physics news on Phys.org