What is the relative permittivity of black paint?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 2K views
KKKISHORE
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi i want to know what is the relative permitivity value of black paint. Thank you.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
42. You're welcome.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: dsaun777, anorlunda and Bystander
berkeman said:
42. You're welcome.
Hi Berkeman,

From which source were you able to obtain this information. Could you please share it with me. Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the paint. And I doubt you'll find values for most types of paint, you'll probably have to measure it yourself.

Why do you need this?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: KKKISHORE
mfb said:
It depends on the paint. And I doubt you'll find values for most types of paint, you'll probably have to measure it yourself.

Why do you need this?
Hi i need this for modelling
 
marcusl said:
You’re not very communicative...
I want to model how the electromagnetic waves propagates within a box with the inside wall painted black.