What is the safest way to focus a powerful laser for a homemade laser gun?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea of building a non-powerful laser gun and the use of a converging lens to focus the light from a powerful laser pointer. The speaker asks if the concentrated light would be hotter than the unfocused light and what type of laser pointer would be more powerful. They also mention being interested in physics and wanting to conduct a physical experiment. However, the responder warns against the dangers of working with lasers and advises finding a different project to avoid injury or harm.
Noctua
Hello,
I am Noctua and i have 14 years old :D
So, today i had the idea of building a sort of non powerful laser gun.I plan to focus the light with converging lens.I will use a powerful laser Pointer.So, here is my questions:

If I absurdly concentrate a laser , the concentrated light would be "more hot" than the light that has not been concentrated ?

Which laser pointer should I use? More watts, more powerful?

I think i have only that questions...Please, answer me :DD Thanks!

Sorry for bad english, i am from Brazil.

Science news on Phys.org
Be careful kid, laser is no plaything. What you said there are all true. Focused pointing laser may not be damaging to skin but it can be harmful for delicate tissue such as people's eyes. What is the purpose of your project, is it for playing tool or for physical experiment? Either way never point it (even the unfocused beam) to anyone's eye.

Likes Noctua
It's for a physical experiment, my first physical experiment.I am interested in physics :) Thanks for the answer!

Ok, last question:
If i concentrate two lasers with convergings lens, the result will be only one powerful laser?

I'm sorry but we can't help you. Lasers are NOT toys and you should only be working with them if you have a specific purpose in mind. Otherwise you are very likely to injure yourself or someone around you, possibly quite seriously. Find another project to do before you blind someone or burn a house down.

Please see PF rules regarding dangerous activites here: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/

Thread locked.

Related to What is the safest way to focus a powerful laser for a homemade laser gun?

What is a laser gun?

A laser gun is a type of weapon that uses directed energy to fire a concentrated beam of light, usually in the form of a laser, to cause damage to a target.

How does a laser gun work?

A laser gun works by using a power source to create a high-intensity beam of light. This light is then focused and directed using mirrors and lenses to create a concentrated and powerful beam that can be used as a weapon.

What materials are needed to build a laser gun?

The materials needed to build a laser gun include a power source, such as a battery or power supply, a laser diode, mirrors and lenses for directing the beam, a trigger mechanism, and a housing to hold all the components together.

Is it legal to build and own a laser gun?

The legality of owning and building a laser gun varies by country and state. In some places, it may be legal to own a laser gun for recreational purposes, but it is illegal to use it as a weapon. It is important to research and comply with local laws and regulations before building or owning a laser gun.

What are the potential dangers of owning a laser gun?

Owning a laser gun can pose potential dangers if not used responsibly. The high-powered laser beam can cause eye damage and skin burns, and it can also be a fire hazard. It is important to follow safety precautions and only use a laser gun in controlled and safe environments.