1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: What is the scientific name given to the spaces in between molecules/atoms?

  1. Aug 26, 2012 #1
    Hello there

    I was wondering, what is the scientificly correct/accepted name given to the little gaps in between molecules/atoms.

    I tried looking it up, but all I get is explainations about the uncertainty principle and electron clouds. I just want to know what the "gaps" are called

  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2012 #2
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook