What is the strength of the magnetic field

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
warrior2014
Messages
33
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



The armature of an ac generator is a circular coil with 49 turns and radius 3.1 cm. When the armature rotates at 382rpm, the amplitude of the emf in the coil is 17.0 V. What is the strength of the magnetic field (assumed to be uniform) ?

Homework Equations


E = N.n.phi


The Attempt at a Solution


I solved for phi and got 18.35 (Webers) Wb. But, I need the answer in Tesla (T) and I am unsure how to do this. Please help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
A Weber is a unit of flux whereas a Tesla is a unit of flux density
 
hi warrior2014! :smile:
warrior2014 said:
I solved for phi and got 18.35 (Webers) Wb. But, I need the answer in Tesla (T) and I am unsure how to do this. Please help!

hint: learn your electric units …

1 T = 1 Wb/m2 :wink:​