What is the term for 'the science of everything'?

  • Thread starter Thread starter midnite13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
midnite13
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

I didn't know which sub/forum was appropriate to ask this question in, so i picked the one with the most pertinent description.

My question is really simple and direct..

Is there a term for 'the science of everything'?

Thanks for your help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Omniscience :smile:.

Jokes aside, when dealing with all of the sciences, I would call it science, plain and simple. Science is a methodological system of problem solving.

I do not know if there is an official term for the "science of everything."

I am curious - why do you need to know this?
 
There is: theoretical physics. Physics is THE fundamental science, all other sciences are special cases of it. If you are looking inside Physics, then the postulated model able to describe all physical phenomena exactly is called the Theory of Everything (ToE) or the Grand Unified Theory (GUT).