What is the total charge enclosed

In summary, the conversation discusses solving a problem involving Gauss' law and finding the electric field constant, E, using the given equation and integral. The final solution is |E| multiplied by 4 pi r^2. The original post was a photograph of the problem statement, but it has since disappeared. It is suggested to use the "Reply" feature when helping with homework to keep a copy of the original post readily available.
Ashley1nOnly

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

gauss law

The Attempt at a Solution

I got D.

Integral ( E dot da) = q(enc)/ e0
E is constant so iit can come out and the angle between them is zero (cos(0)=1

|E| integral (da)

which gives me
|E| a

where a=4 pi r^2

c *(r/e0) * 4 pi r^2

q(enc)= c*4*pi*r^3

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks good to me.

To me the problem statement looks rather empty !

BvU said:
Oh wow! It disappeared. When I first looked at this there was a photograph of a problem. I wonder what happened?

:smile:

BvU said:
Cutter Ketch said:
Oh wow! It disappeared. When I first looked at this there was a photograph of a problem. I wonder what happened?
It would help greatly if those helping with Homework would use the "Reply" feature. In particular, use The "Reply" feature to make sure that there is a readily available copy of the Original Post.

Consider that a task for the forum software. A historian or something. All this "full post reply" stuff just fills my screens with mostly superfluous copies.

Likes Cutter Ketch

What is the total charge enclosed?

The total charge enclosed refers to the net electric charge contained within a closed surface or volume. It is the sum of all the individual electric charges within the enclosed region.

How do you calculate the total charge enclosed?

The total charge enclosed can be calculated by adding up the charges of all the individual particles within the enclosed region. This can also be determined by using Gauss's Law, which states that the total electric flux through a closed surface is equal to the total charge enclosed.

What factors affect the total charge enclosed?

The total charge enclosed is affected by the number and magnitude of charges within the enclosed region, the shape and size of the region, and the presence of any external electric fields that may influence the charges within the region.

Can the total charge enclosed be negative?

Yes, the total charge enclosed can be negative if the total sum of the individual charges within the enclosed region is negative. This can occur if there are more negative charges than positive charges within the region.

Why is calculating the total charge enclosed important?

Calculating the total charge enclosed is important in understanding and analyzing electric fields, as well as in solving problems related to electrostatics. It is also a fundamental concept in the study of electromagnetism and plays a crucial role in various scientific and technological applications.