What is this type of button called

• Java
  • Thread starter BiGyElLoWhAt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Type
In summary, the conversation was about creating a time selector with hour and minute options. The person was looking for a way to cycle through numbers using up and down arrows, similar to a wrist watch or a cellphone clock app. The term for this functionality is "spinner" and a link to a tutorial for creating one was provided.
BiGyElLoWhAt
Gold Member
I want to make a time selector, basically. I want to have an hour and minute selector, but I want there to be an up arrow and down arrow to cycle through 1-12 and another one for minutes 0-59. Does anyone know what this is called?

Technology news on Phys.org
Well, if you wore it, you would call it a wrist watch :smile:

Likes jedishrfu
All cellphones that I know of have a 'clock' app which is part of the OS.
Used to set alarms at some of day if you need to get on a bus or similar.

Thank you.

1. What is a button?

A button is a small, usually round object that is used to fasten clothing or to operate a machine or device. In the context of technology, a button is a graphical element that can be clicked or pressed by a user to perform a specific action.

2. What is a push button?

A push button is a type of button that requires physical pressure to activate. It typically has a flat or slightly raised surface and is commonly used in electronic devices such as calculators, remote controls, and vending machines.

3. What is a toggle button?

A toggle button is a type of button that has two states - on and off. When clicked, it switches between these two states. It is commonly used to turn a feature or function on or off in a user interface.

4. What is a radio button?

A radio button is a type of button that allows users to select one option from a list of options. Only one radio button can be selected at a time, and the selected option is indicated by a dot or circle inside the button. Radio buttons are often used in forms and surveys.

5. What is a reset button?

A reset button is a type of button that allows users to clear or reset the values of a form or input field. It is commonly used in web forms to allow users to start over or make changes to their entries before submitting the form.