Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is your favourite episode of Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey?

1. Jun 8, 2014 #1

interhacker

Gold Member

The final episode of Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey, "Unafraid of the Dark", was released today. This marks the completion of the series. Which episode did you like best?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2014 #2

adjacent

Gold Member

The episode about Newton and the one about Michael Faraday

4. Jun 8, 2014 #3

interhacker

Gold Member

Yeah. I also liked episode 12 and 13, along with episode 1. Here's my priority list from best to just "meh":

Episode 12
    Episode 13
    The one about Faraday
    The one about newton
    Episode 1
    The one about lead poisoning

5. Jun 8, 2014 #4
    The newton one was awesome. I also loved the one about sound and the organ version of O'Fortuna

6. Jun 8, 2014 #5
    The Clean Room and The Electric Boy were great forays into the history of science. I also enjoyed most of the others that had insights in this vein, as they emphasized science as both an evolving and personal human endeavor.

7. Jun 9, 2014 #6

adjacent

Gold Member

The worst episode was the one about evolution. I almost slept while watching that episode

8. Jun 9, 2014 #7
    I've only seen through the first 6 :(

But I did really enjoy the properties of light which I think was 5.

9. Jun 9, 2014 #8

adjacent

Gold Member

I regret missing that episode. I think it was also awesome.

10. Jun 9, 2014 #9
  11. Jun 9, 2014 #10
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  12. Jun 9, 2014 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I liked some, disliked some. Depends what you believe in I guess. Can't really compare it to the original, it's too different.

When Voyager was sent out I'm afraid drug use clouded thinking and we sent out things like "whale songs" and other irrelevant, but popular things of the (then) current culture. <le sigh> BUT! Maybe any advanced culture listening to this record will be sufficiently unimpressed by our lack of intelligence and choose to ignore us and decide not to annihilate us.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  13. Jun 9, 2014 #12

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :thumbs:

14. Jun 10, 2014 #13

DavidSnider

Gold Member

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Voyager_golden_record_82_feeding.gif

"On second thought, let's not talk to earth. It's a silly place."

15. Jun 10, 2014 #14

interhacker

Gold Member

Lol. You're right. What should we have sent though?

16. Jun 10, 2014 #15
    "Nothing to see here" in all forms of communication to save others the trouble.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook