Science Advisor
- 3,635
- 3,328
Hmmm, a bit too much on the speculative side, this latest one.
Bandersnatch said:Hmmm, a bit too much on the speculative side, this latest one.
Bandersnatch said:Hmmm, a bit too much on the speculative side, this latest one.
Since the original Cosmos was Carl Sagan's and his wife is involved with this show, I think we can expect to see tributes to him in the series.Algr said:The Carl Sagan hero worship is getting to be a bit much. It felt right in the first two episodes, but he is overdoing it now.
Evo said:Since the original Cosmos was Carl Sagan's and his wife is involved with this show, I think we can expect to see tributes to him in the series.
collinsmark said:Just watched Season 1, episode 8. I loved it. So far I'm incredibly impressed. All the spirit of the original Cosmos, and I'm still learning good stuff. Just wonderful. I love it.
I have to catch up with the series. I watched episode 8, and I was interested to learn about the development of the stellar classification system, and the work done by the team of women at Harvard, and of Cecilia Payne's dissertation on stellar composition, which opposed the prevailing understanding of the time.collinsmark said:Just watched Season 1, episode 8. I loved it. So far I'm incredibly impressed. All the spirit of the original Cosmos, and I'm still learning good stuff. Just wonderful. I love it.
I suspect quite a bit. The preachy moments, and there have been a few, are consistent with his preachy moments elsewhere. Regarding tonight's episode, he is an astrophysicist, after all. Exogenesis / panspermia is consonant with his profession. Confirmation bias, perhaps. Panspermia says his science is indeed the answer to life, the universe, and everything.Evo said:I wonder how much say he has over the script? If any? He's just the narrator.
Evo said:That's terrible.
I wonder how much say he has over the script? If any? He's just the narrator.
I think speculative is fine, but they should make the boundary btwn science and spec clearer
I had heard this part was going to be a problem due to her wonky beliefs. Too bad.mheslep said:I'm hearing more and more of the tone of Ann Druyan (producer) on the episodes. Her bio says she was once into ancient astronauts, pre Sagan.
tfr000 said:Well I've seen a few of the episodes. I don't dig the cartoons either - I feel like I'm watching "schoolhouse rock".