What occupation would you've chosen if science wasn't an option?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fearless
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
35 replies · 5K views
I would want to be a potter. Pottery is one of my favorite pastimes. But then again, throwing on the wheel involves some very basic understanding of physics. Also, oxidation and reduction firing involves some basic understanding of chemistry.

russ_watters said:
You're all wrong. If science wasn't an option, we'd all be peasant farmers.
This is a very valid point. However, I was a peasant living on a farm as a kid and I can say that farming also involves some science.

I'll take this statement one step further and say that without science, we would all be food.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Cyrus said:
You really DO deserve to die, DANNY.

You know somethin', DANNY ?
 
If not science (I guess I'd have to leave out all the alternative professions that also require science, like physician or high school science teacher?), then either a teacher of some other subject, or lawyer, or maybe I'd run for political office (probably just a local office).
 
As I am not a scientist, I just put down my own occupation. But now I see the meaning is more like which occupation would you pick second. Since there are so many that would have gone into the arts, I'll say the same. I think I have talent as an artist:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25972909"
 
Last edited by a moderator: