What parameters should I assume for a $100 million substation transformer?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
tims.corbett
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi All,

I am required to assume some parameters for my research,
For a new transformer worth $100 million for a substation, what likely could be sensible for these

parameters?

Nominal Capacity? (Example 10^5 KW)
Average Repair Cost? ($1 million ?)
Unsupplied energy cost? ($3 kWh ?)
Average Repair time? (1 year?)

Thanks,
Tims
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
tims.corbett said:
Hi All,

I am required to assume some parameters for my research,
For a new transformer worth $100 million for a substation, what likely could be sensible for these

parameters?

Nominal Capacity? (Example 10^5 KW)
Average Repair Cost? ($1 million ?)
Unsupplied energy cost? ($3 kWh ?)
Average Repair time? (1 year?)

Thanks,
Tims

What other sources of information are you looking into to find this?