What quirky things do you do to savor life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
97 replies · 12K views
HeLiXe said:
>_> back to the quirks please -_- this thread is killing me right now. lol

You see what you started peng. Only flyingpig is supposed to do these things.

rawr. BAN HELIXE!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
We all have quirks. One of mine is when I read a book that turns out to be really good, I don't want it to end, so I read less and less every day as I near the end, sometimes I put the book away for months, not wanting to finish it. :blushing:

I'm in that quandry right now, I've been reading an excellent book, and I'm stretching it out to the point that it is ridiculous.

I know people that will only eat food on their plate in a certain order, or eat a sandwich a certain way, or disect their food.

So, what quirky things do you do?
Have you read Shogun by James Clavell? It's around 1100 pages.

An old friend of mine used to have his eggs sunny side up, and he would eat the white part leaving only the yolks, which he would then eat. Yuk.

I myself am not quirky and have no quirkinesses to report.
 
HeLiXe said:
:frown: *sniffle*

awww JK JK FRAYEND! It's your initiation to the cool peoples club on PF. Meetings are weekly in the chat room.
 
Pengwuino said:
Meetings are weekly in the chat room.

:cry: BAN ME BAN ME!
 
KingNothing said:
I don't read books, but when I do read something - magazines, news articles, etc., I always read them backwards. Usually by paragraphs, but I can also read sentences backwards word-by-word and still make sense of things, and read at a normal speed that way.
That's beyond quirky. It's metaquirky. Or maybe just superquirky.
 
Astronuc said:
I used to eat an even number of sandwiches, crackers or cookies

If you will have ever chance of watching Day of the wacko - do.

Offer addressed only to people in at least their forties.
 
i remember when i was like before 10, everything i do had to be even, have to walk up the stair in even number of steps, have to have even amount of pencils, even amoutn of bites when eating.

that gradually went away, but another quirky thing i do that I have always been doing is that when ever there is some sort of line drawn on the floow I always have to jump over it
 
- I smell most anything I come into contact with
- I can't eat an apple without getting the chills from chewing the skin
 
I often read my posts over and over again. At the same time I hate to read the same story or book over again.

As a consequence of my job and locking myself out of places a few times too many I unconsciously check my pockets for keys when I walk out a door even if I checked consciously before I walked out the door.
 
Dembadon said:
- I smell most anything I come into contact with

My cat does that too.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
My cat does that too.

What are you getting at, Ivan... :biggrin:
 
Dembadon said:
What are you getting at, Ivan... :biggrin:

How do you greet your friends? :confused: I know how my cats greet their friends and I don't like what I'm thinkin.
 
What about things that you remember for no good reason.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

Anyone care to guess? I'm thinking Turbo might know this.
 
Firing order. My old man was hooked on 8 cylinder Chevies. He never should have let me drive that Impala SS!
 
Last edited:
The first time I kissed a girl my own age, we were under a pig.
 
I like to give my age in hexadecimal. I've also noticed that nowhere in the tax code is the base specified.

Turbo, what's the point gap spec for a 350?

I knew you wouldn't disappoint. :biggrin:
 
Often when I drive, I change the radio station about every 5 seconds. It annoys even me sometimes.
 
I don't know what my quirks are. That doesn't mean I don't have any, it just means that I do them subconsciously and am not aware of them. One thing distinctive about me is that when I stand in a relaxed position, each foot toes out at 40 degrees from the normal. You can imagine how difficult this makes skiing for me. As a result I have a very distinctive walk, something like a waddle. Once when I was in high school, I was walking along a highway wearing a hooded jacket. A car passed me from behind, came to a quick stop in front of me and out jumped my second cousin. We hadn't met for several years previous so there was no way he could have recognized me from behind except for the walk.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
How do you greet your friends? :confused: I know how my cats greet their friends and I don't like what I'm thinkin.

I smell them. I don't understand your confusion.
 
lisab said:
Often when I drive, I change the radio station about every 5 seconds. It annoys even me sometimes.

You should see Marzena regulating AC and air flow in the car.
 
lisab said:
Often when I drive, I change the radio station about every 5 seconds. It annoys even me sometimes.
Just set your radio to "scan".
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Turbo, what's the point gap spec for a 350?
I'll have to disappoint you on this one. I'm no Mona Lisa Vito.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
The first time I kissed a girl my own age, we were under a pig.

hmmm...:rolleyes: nope can't think of how it was done
 
lisab said:
Often when I drive, I change the radio station about every 5 seconds. It annoys even me sometimes.

My wife does this.

Evo said:
Just set your radio to "scan".

I do this.