What resources are available for working with General Relativity in Maple?

In summary, Maple provides various resources for working with General Relativity, including built-in commands for calculations, visualization tools, and a comprehensive library of functions and packages. The Maple Portal for Physics also offers tutorials, examples, and other helpful resources for working with General Relativity in Maple. Additionally, the Maple Cloud contains user-contributed documents and packages that can assist with specific applications and calculations in General Relativity. With these resources, users can easily perform calculations, create visualizations, and explore the complex concepts of General Relativity using Maple.
KatieS
I am looking for papers, books or any other resources which I can use to work in General Relativity with Maple.

I know, there is GRTensor tool, but it is not up-to-date as far as I understand from its website (latest test was on Maple 11). I use Maple 15.

Can you advise me something?

Physics news on Phys.org
Explore build-in tensor package in Maple.
As far as I know, it allows deal with tensors, their operations, and their use in General Relativity both in the natural basis and in a moving frame.

Also visit http://www.digi-area.com/DifferentialGeometryLibrary/. There are hundreds of exact solutions of Einstein's equations with copyable formulas for Maple, Mathematica, MathML and LaTeX.

Finally, http://www.digi-area.com/Maple/atlas/ - doing calculations in modern differential geometry and its applications.
There are some examples which may be interested for you:
http://www.digi-area.com/Maple/atlas/Templates/kerr.php
http://www.digi-area.com/Maple/atlas/Templates/schw.php

Related to What resources are available for working with General Relativity in Maple?

1. What is general relativity?

General relativity is a theory of gravity developed by Albert Einstein in the early 20th century. It describes the relationship between mass, energy, space, and time, and how they interact to create the force of gravity.

2. How does Maple help with understanding general relativity?

Maple is a powerful mathematical software that allows for the visualization and manipulation of complex equations and concepts. It can be used to solve equations, create simulations, and generate graphs that aid in understanding the principles of general relativity.

3. Can Maple be used to solve equations in general relativity?

Yes, Maple has a built-in package called "GeneralRelativity" that includes functions for solving equations related to general relativity. These functions can be accessed through the Maple command line or through a graphical user interface.

4. Is Maple suitable for beginners to learn general relativity?

While Maple can be a helpful tool for understanding general relativity, it is not necessarily suitable for beginners to learn the theory itself. It is recommended to have a basic understanding of calculus and physics before attempting to use Maple for general relativity.

5. Are there any resources available for learning general relativity with Maple?

Yes, there are several online tutorials, courses, and textbooks available that cover general relativity using Maple. Some examples include "Maple by Example: General Relativity" by Willi-Hans Steeb and "General Relativity with Maple" by Robert M. Wald. Additionally, the Maple website offers a variety of resources and support for using the software for general relativity.