What side in real-life do you think is going to win?

• Thread starter lockecole
  • Start date
In summary: And if it is not accurate, does that mean that our current understanding of history is not accurate either?

What side do you think is going to win in real life?

• good

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • evil

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
IClown's reply

I posted my question at Experts-Exchange.com's Philosophy and Religion sub-topic area of the "Miscellaneous" topic area. Take a look at IClown's reply. He gave me an answer that was not a flame. Can you too?

"There is an excellent socratic argument regarding this very question in the Apology. You'll find Socrates facing a death sentece declaring that no man could do harm to a better man. His argument goes something like this:

1) By harming a good man, you prevent good;
2) Once good is prevented, evil will prevail;
3) With evil prevailing, evil will fall upon the evil doers;
4) Evil doers will suffer;

Thus it is harmful to evil men to do evil.

Therefore, good wins."

Physics news on Phys.org
Even rude and friendly, they have meanings that revolve around what the society they came from dictates. If one is a Muslim, and he or she kills a hundred innocent people in a suicide bombing, many would consider that evil, yet they believe they are doing the best thing they can do with their life. They believe they will go to paradise. So it all depends on what that person individually considers to be good or evil. The fact of the matter is... all behavioral terms are indeed relativistic.