What skills would be valuable on a new planet after Earth's collapse?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Planet
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
70 replies · 10K views
Thats just 2 possibles so far jimmy and Dave.
 
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I probably helped design it, you'd better bring me along! You might need a spare...
 
wolram said:
Thats just 2 possibles so far jimmy and Dave.

Wow, tough crowd when a naked woman can't talk her way onto a spaceship.

Okay, I'm really good at tending and breeding animals and can do a fair job of butchering and cooking them too. Wherever you land, you might need some help growing food (you might be tempted to bring along Turbo too, but do you really think a confined space with limited toilets is the place for him to serve his famous habanero relish?)
 
Greg Freeman said:
I probably helped design it, you'd better bring me along! You might need a spare...

If you get through the survival test.
 
Moonbear said:
Wow, tough crowd when a naked woman can't talk her way onto a spaceship.

Okay, I'm really good at tending and breeding animals and can do a fair job of butchering and cooking them too. Wherever you land, you might need some help growing food (you might be tempted to bring along Turbo too, but do you really think a confined space with limited toilets is the place for him to serve his famous habanero relish?)

The first definite, although i thought that a little harsh about Tubos chili.
 
I can sew, knit and crochet, plus I'm good at gardening, cooking, and cleaning.
 
Evo said:
I can sew, knit and crochet, plus I'm good at gardening, cooking, and cleaning.

If you can sew and knit on an industrial scale your in if you pass the survival test.
 
wolram said:
The first definite, although i thought that a little harsh about Tubos chili.

From all his bragging about it, I'm quite sure it's the chili that will be harsh on the occupants. If you do let him bring his chilis, you better double check the air handling system. I sure don't want to be breathing recirculated air for such a long trip if everyone is eating super-spicy chilis. :wink:
 
wolram said:
If you can sew and knit on an industrial scale your in if you pass the survival test.
What's the survival test?
 
Evo said:
What's the survival test?

You have to spend a week confined to a single room with no windows or fan with a group of guys all eating turbo's chili. :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
You have to spend a week confined to a single room with no windows or fan with a group of guys all eating turbo's chili. :biggrin:

All of a sudden I am glad I'm out.
 
Evo said:
What's the survival test?

The first part of the test is to figure that out.

I'm sorry, you failed. :frown:
 
Ok, the PF Sisters will have their own Spaceship. Who wants to come with us?

Wolram you're invited.
 
Oh oh! I'll come! I don't mind sitting next to girls!
 
Evo said:
Ok, the PF Sisters will have their own Spaceship. Who wants to come with us?

Wolram you're invited.

Will there be any chocolate on board? If so I might consider the ladies ship if there aren't any doilies all over everything.
 
Plus I have a Beef map!

beefmapjr5.gif
 
Moonbear said:
You have to spend a week confined to a single room with no windows or fan with a group of guys all eating turbo's chili. :biggrin:

That and a week alone on Dartmoor with a stove, cook pan and tent.
 
edward said:
All of a sudden I am glad I'm out.

You could redeem you self with a little ingenuity.
 
Bring Greg. On a journey of this distance we're going to need someone who can change a tire.
 
wolram said:
That and a week alone on Dartmoor with a stove, cook pan and tent.

if you want a steam survival course, pm me.
 
If you want a seat, you'd better run for office (politics)---they are the ones with the control, and, therefore they think they are the most important.


Doesn't anyone watch those 'death of the Earth by meteorite impact' movies?
 
Evo said:
Ok, the PF Sisters will have their own Spaceship. Who wants to come with us?

Woo hoo! I see MIH and Tsu have been tinkering with the supersonic RV.

Poop-Loops said:
Oh oh! I'll come! I don't mind sitting next to girls!
:biggrin: A wise man there.

edward said:
Will there be any chocolate on board? If so I might consider the ladies ship if there aren't any doilies all over everything.
Of course there will be chocolate! Nobody is allowed on board unless they bring a chocolate supply. :approve:

Doilies?! No worries there! Do we look like the doiley...doilie...what is the singular of doilies anyway...types of women? I can't even spell the dang word!

Evo said:
Plus I have a Beef map!

beefmapjr5.gif

Ooh, we're all set to butcher the origami steers now! :smile:
 
I'll board the spaceship that has naked girls on it.
 
Evo said:
Ok, the PF Sisters will have their own Spaceship. Who wants to come with us?

Wolram you're invited.

Wow a sister ship, just think of the end less intelligent conversations i can have.
 
There'll be a lot of daring spacewalks when the people on wollies ship realize there's a ship full of women elsewhere.
 
We may have to spend weeks in suspended animation
 
Unfortunately for you, the people who can make computers and split atoms are probably the ones that will be able to make a breatable atmosphere on a different planet.
 
Math Jeans said:
Unfortunately for you, the people who can make computers and split atoms are probably the ones that will be able to make a breatable atmosphere on a different planet.

We thought about that MoonB has muted sheep that breath toxic gas and exhaust oxygen.
 
I'll climb into a giant stuffed panda teddy bear being delivered as going away gift to the ladies ship. Then I'll climb out and brainwash the ladies into a polygimy cult.