Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Software? (Math Graph, Math Equation, and Text Editor)

1. Aug 21, 2015 #1
    What software is used to create a text editor, math graph, and math equation such as below image?

It seems the math graph is a vector illustration (not pixel), the math equation is not Latex, and they are integrated with the text editor.

What software to create such as book?

math.png

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2015 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

Some publishers use professional typesetting software, while others make of of LaTeX (I have books on my shelf from Springer, OUP, and World Scientific, to name a few, that were obviously typeset in LaTeX). Note that LaTeX does not necessarily imply that the font is Computer Modern, so it can be hard to tell.

To make figures, there are also lots of possibilities. There are plotting programs (gnuplot, Origin, Igor Pro), more general math programs (Mathematica, Matlab), and drawing software (Illustrator, Inkscape). The choice is endless.

If you want to produce something similar, my advice would be to use LaTeX. There are many packages that will help in producing something looking very nice.

4. Aug 21, 2015 #3
    I think it's not a Latex, Do you know what software (math equation, math graph, and text editor) is exactly similar as this book?

5. Aug 26, 2015 #4

RJLiberator

Gold Member

I am also looking for help on this.

I need to find something to create geometric shapes and diagrams. Graphs as well.

Also a good LaTeX editor would be lovely.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook