What Software To Create Math Graph?

In summary, the best software to create math graphs depends on individual needs and preferences, with popular options including Microsoft Excel, Desmos, GeoGebra, and MATLAB. There are also several free software options available, such as Desmos, GeoGebra, and Google Sheets. These tools can be used to create various types of graphs, including 3D graphs, and offer customization options. The complexity of the graphs may vary, with some software programs being more user-friendly while others may require advanced math skills.
basty
I wonder what is the software to create math graph such as below image?

graph.png

Physics news on Phys.org
I would use a combination of plotting tool, e.g. gnuplot, and vector graphic tool, e.g. xfig, inkscape, corel draw. Then you export the image to any format you need.

LE: You can also use more sophisticated data plotting tools like OriginLab/IDL/PAW or alternatives.

Last edited:
Checkout FreeMat. Its a MATLAB clone that should be able to easily generate these graphs. Of course, you can use MATLAB too but it costs money whereas fremat is free.

http://freemat.sourceforge.net/

1. What is the best software to create math graphs?

The best software to create math graphs depends on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include Microsoft Excel, Desmos, GeoGebra, and MATLAB.

2. Is there a free software for creating math graphs?

Yes, there are many free software options for creating math graphs, such as Desmos, GeoGebra, and Google Sheets. These tools offer a wide range of features and can be used for various types of math graphs.

3. Can I create 3D math graphs with software?

Yes, many software programs offer the ability to create 3D math graphs. For example, GeoGebra, MATLAB, and Wolfram Mathematica all have 3D graphing capabilities.

4. Do I need to have advanced math skills to use graphing software?

It depends on the complexity of the graph you want to create. Some software programs have user-friendly interfaces that make it easy for anyone to create basic graphs, while others may require some knowledge of math and programming.

5. Can I customize the appearance of my math graphs with software?

Yes, most software programs offer various customization options for math graphs. You can change the colors, labels, axes, and other visual elements to suit your needs and preferences.