What songs do you listen to when you're sad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Music
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
66 replies · 10K views
Les Sleeth said:
Besides her original contributions, she does some great redo's like Hank Williams "I"m so Lonesome I could Die," Neil Young's "Harvest Moon, and U2's "Love is Blindness."

The Cowboy Junkies did a terrific cover of "I'm so Lonesome . . ." on their debut album The Trinity Session. One of the gentlest and subtly sad songs I've ever heard. That album is full of very good covers and originals, most of which are very sad and subdued.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
loseyourname said:
Who are you? You have the same name as Tsunami's online photo album.
She's my older daughter, the 20 year old.
 
Evo said:
She's my older daughter, the 20 year old.

You all look the same(hot) and now I'm so confused :frown:
 
Gokul43201 said:
I'm sorry I can't agree with that. Bohemain Rhapsody is a musical masterpiece; a beautifully orchestrated rollercoaster of emotion. To call it a sing-along song is such a crime ! :cry:

I grew up on Moody Blues, Cream, the Beatles and Queen...I think my earliest memories may be of listening to Nights in White Satin, Whiter Shade of Pale (Procol Harum) and Norwegian Wood.
I thought you were a relative youngster! What were you doing listening to this ancient stuff?
 
Integral said:
I thought you were a relative youngster! What were you doing listening to this ancient stuff?

It's what my dad fed me when I was little...so I've grown up on music made in the 60s and 70s.
 
Integral said:
I thought you were a relative youngster! What were you doing listening to this ancient stuff?

Why do (relatively) older people say this to younger people, as if they don't have access to media made before they were teens? I'm not being an @$$, I actually want to know.

As far as Queen goes, "Who Wants to Live Forever" is the best when you're depressed. Chopin's Nocturnes are my favorite for a blue or pensive mood. Louis Armstrong singing "What a Wonderful World" is a favorite pick-me-up.
Oh, and I agree, Bohemian Rhapsody is a great song for singing & flailing wildly along with. Same goes for Tchaikovsky's 1812.
 
Last edited:
honestrosewater said:
Louis Armstrong singing "What a Wonderful World" is a favorite pick-me-up.

I second that wholeheartedly.