Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Whenever I'm down I just listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Gokul43201 said:For a very different kind of blues try Ali Farka Toure'. He's a folk/blues singer from Mali...and Ai Du from Radio Mali has some neat riffs.

YES!Math Is Hard said:Evo, remind me to send you a copy of the Jingle Cats CD for Christmas.![]()
She swore she wasn't going to cook. She has been oddly absent.Hey, where the heck is Tsu? She must be cooking.

Wasn't it Bleeding Gums Murphy on The Simpsons who said, "The blues ain't about making yourself feel better.. it's about making other people feel worse."Gokul43201 said:Okay, then. Official Warning : Listening to the blues for when you have the blues only helps your appreciation of the former, not your alleviation of the latter.
Math Is Hard said:Wasn't it Bleeding Gums Murphy on The Simpsons who said, "The blues ain't about making yourself feel better.. it's about making other people feel worse."
(something like that..?)
wasteofo2 said:It's really weird how some people prescribe sad music for sadness; that seems more like a prescription for "How do I make myself more miserable than I already am?"
Evo said:Nothing beats country music for depressing lyrics.![]()
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mlevon.html...According to Gus Dudgeon, who produced Madman Across the Water and wrote an essay containing this information to accompany the remastered version, the name "Levon" was inspired by Levon Helm, drummer, lead singer, and founder of The Band, a group from the 60s and 70s. The Band was apparently Elton John's and Bernie Taupin's favorite group in those days. (Taupin is the guy who writes or co-writes a lot of Elton John's songs and who wrote the lyrics for "Levon.")...
meowxorz said:I am another one of those people who would rather listen to something "happier" when I am in a bad mood. Starting my day off with good music can really make a difference. I am not one to pay a lot of attention to lyrics, so what most people would think of as "sad" music just equates to "mellow, relaxing" for me.
I am a huge classic rock fan, but some of my other tastes might be way too weird to share... ^.^;
Math Is Hard said:Hello meowxorz!
What are some of your favorite songs?
tumor said:Me too classic rock fan,lyrics very important, very.![]()
PS.what you doing on weekends?
I'm sorry I can't agree with that. Bohemain Rhapsody is a musical masterpiece; a beautifully orchestrated rollercoaster of emotion. To call it a sing-along song is such a crime !meowxorz said:Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (another cliche... but undoubtedly best sing-along song EVER)

meowxorz said:On weekends I either work or sit on the computer. *radiates awesomeness*
meowxorz said:Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (another cliche... but undoubtedly best sing-along song EVER)
meowxorz said:Well, I wouldn't disagree with that, of course... what I meant is that it is my favorite song to sing along to, not that it is a "singalong"... does that make it better? Maybe? :/