Jarfi
- 384
- 12
What university offers the best physics education in the world, can you name the top 5? Is it cambridge, MIT, or are there any good ones in europe or japan.
Edin_Dzeko said:Society needs you to become a good physicist and help solve problems in everyday life. No one cares about this prestige nonsense![]()
Leptos said:MIT is rigorous, but it doesn't hold a candle to Caltech. Caltech is the only school that has a truly rigorous math and physics curriculum for undergraduate studies.
Oh boy...Leptos said:MIT is rigorous, but it doesn't hold a candle to Caltech. Caltech is the only school that has a truly rigorous math and physics curriculum for undergraduate studies.
FeDeX_LaTeX said:For me, I don't think the university can stop me learning what I want to learn. With the internet, libraries, and many other resources, there's no reason my learning can be significantly limited depending on the university I go to.

Jarfi said:What university offers the best physics education in the world, can you name the top 5? Is it cambridge, MIT, or are there any good ones in europe or japan.
deRham said:Caltech and MIT both come to mind as some of the most brutal programs for physics.
Check out the US News rankings of grad departments (I think grad rankings are where actual field specialties are taken into account heavily
Since the differences among the best programs are a bit ad hoc in the listings, but it gives some idea.
Leptos said:MIT is rigorous, but it doesn't hold a candle to Caltech. Caltech is the only school that has a truly rigorous math and physics curriculum for undergraduate studies.
FeDeX_LaTeX said:IFor me, I don't think the university can stop me learning what I want to learn. With the internet, libraries, and many other resources, there's no reason my learning can be significantly limited depending on the university I go to.
If you are truly passionate about maths or physics then you shouldn't let the university stop you. Do as much wider reading as you can on your subject.