What websites can tell me which proteins are found in crop

In summary, the commonly used websites for finding information on crop proteins are UniProt, NCBI Protein, PDB, and CropPedia. These websites have search functions and advanced search options to help users find specific crop proteins. Additionally, there are databases dedicated to certain crops or protein families, such as MaizeGDB and LegumeIP. These websites also provide information on the function and structure of crop proteins, as well as their interactions with other proteins or molecules. However, they may not have information on all crop proteins, so it is important to verify information and use multiple sources.
Robotesco
There are 20 amino acids and 4 are essential. You can lookup the nutrition facts of anything on google and get results. What I don't like is that google does not tell me which proteins are found in these foods, it just tells you how many grams of anything the food contains.

Biology news on Phys.org

1. What are the main websites that can provide information on crop proteins?

The most commonly used websites for finding information on crop proteins include UniProt, NCBI Protein, PDB, and CropPedia.

2. How can I search for specific crop proteins on these websites?

These websites have search functions where you can enter the name of the crop or the specific protein you are looking for. You can also use advanced search options to narrow down your results.

3. Are there any databases specific to certain crops or protein families?

Yes, there are databases that focus on certain crops or protein families, such as MaizeGDB for maize proteins and LegumeIP for legume proteins.

4. Can these websites provide information on the function or structure of crop proteins?

Yes, these websites often include information on the function and structure of proteins, as well as any known interactions with other proteins or molecules.

5. Are there any limitations to using these websites for finding information on crop proteins?

While these websites are valuable resources, they may not have information on all crop proteins, especially those that are newly discovered or not well-studied yet. It is always important to double-check information and consider using multiple sources.