What will happen in the 2006 mid-term elections?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date Start date

What results will the 2006 mid-term elections yield?


  • Total voters
    47
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
183 replies · 23K views
Hmmm...no one had the correct answer on the swing in the House! Tut, tut!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I was being conservative :biggrin: in my estimate. :smile:
 
Astronuc said:
I was being conservative :biggrin: in my estimate. :smile:
I got the Senate right, but was conservative about the House because House districts have been gerrymandered in many states, making them safer for incumbents. Of course, when I voted on the poll, Foleygate hadn't occurred - the Republican leadership's head-in-the sand approach when confronted with that slimeball's activities probably played a role in the solid Dem gains in the House.
 
Housewise, I might have gone with 10-20, and for the Senate 2-5.

Certainly Foley had an effect, but I really think Iraq is frustrating people, and rightly so. The administration has painted a rosy picture of success and everyone can see that it is not. I wonder of Woodward's book had an influence.

Another interesting race is in Connecticut District 02. Simmons (R) is the incumbent seems to have lost to Courtney (D) by 170 votes - Simmons (121,151) vs Courtney (121,321). I've heard Simmons and he seems pretty moderate.