What would be the perfect representative of earth look like?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Genius of Physics
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Earth
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
35 replies · 6K views
radou said:
Might be, but if it were a reverse situation, I'm not sure if I'd like to see what the alien Jenna Jameson looks like. :biggrin:

Let's just say I don't want to see what the aliens do to Jenna Jameson.
 
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
SpaceTiger said:
Gender - Depends on their culture, but probably female because women are usually less threatening.
Same reasoning as mine, so I'll go along.
SpaceTiger said:
Religion - athiest or agnostic, since most Earth religions are anthropocentric
I disagree completely. We want a New Ager of some kind or another. The moment they start going on about crystal pyramids, the aliens will completely write off Earth technology as a useless hoax. We may be able to catch them out with it later.
SpaceTiger said:
Sexuality - straight, to minimize confusion surrounding reproduction
Why give away any free information? You never know how it will be used against you.
SpaceTiger said:
Profession - Scientist, probably an astronomer or physicist, since they're the most likely to be familiar with (or at least understand) the things that are familiar to the aliens.
Zzzzt! wrong: lawyer. We want to be sure they believe we are incapable of ever getting anything useful done. Note that restirting our search to lawyers also increases our chances of finding someone in a suitably coma-like state. If nothing else, they will have had to listen to the lawyers before and after them audition for the spot.
 
Maybe we can send Jenna Jameson to law school and then induce the desired coma-like-state by her drug-of-choice (LSD or coke?). I've heard her films described as "new age." Of course -- maybe she'll give out too much info on sexuality when she wakes. :biggrin:
 
We would totally send a group of young rich male scientists. Why would you pick a female asian farmer? She would go insane! Training? Intelligence? We need the person(s) to tell us what happened.
 
physics girl phd said:
Maybe we can send Jenna Jameson to law school and then induce the desired coma-like-state by her drug-of-choice (LSD or coke?). I've heard her films described as "new age." Of course -- maybe she'll give out too much info on sexuality when she wakes. :biggrin:
Who the heck is Jenna Jameson? Every site that comes up is blocked by the computer system's firewall.
 
BobG said:
Who the heck is Jenna Jameson? Every site that comes up is blocked by the computer system's firewall.


Second level humor? Or are you serious? :confused: