Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What ya' think of Lady Gaga in meat?

1. Sep 12, 2010 #1
    You guys weren't interested in Lady Gaga this week on Vogue? What do you guys think about it? I gotta' definite opinion about it but would like to know what some of you think first. Just finished listening to "Telephone". I like lots of the songs she sings.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2010 #2

turbo

Gold Member

I don't think of her at all. IMO, she is vacuous and untalented, and tries to make an entire career out of oddness. It was OK when Elton John dressed outrageously, wore goofy glasses and hats, etc, because he really had the chops (piano and vocals) to back it up. She doesn't.

4. Sep 12, 2010 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

What the hell is a 'gaga'?

5. Sep 12, 2010 #4
    Ok, I think you guys are gonna' be mean on me so lemme' me get in my opinion right now:

I think she looks very sexy in that pose. The meat it mostly of a psychological effect. It's not dripping blood and horrific but rather dry-like and hard to even notice it's meat. Don't get me wrong, I think Lady Gaga has some really quality meat on her, and I really like her pose and the expression on her face. :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  6. Sep 12, 2010 #5

turbo

Gold Member

You mean that constant trout-pout grimace? Yuck!

7. Sep 12, 2010 #6
    I'm not into her work at all, but I know that she's able to captivate millions of people.

So that makes her a successful artist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga

8. Sep 12, 2010 #7
    She's POWERFUL, INFLUENTIAL and she captivates MILLIONS of people around the WORLD!!!!!
    What does she do? She sings songs.

I don't get it.

9. Sep 12, 2010 #8

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At least she's not wearing fur. That would be unethical!

10. Sep 12, 2010 #9
    Perhaps this will put things in more perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aQRzAOy7Y

11. Sep 12, 2010 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Oh, I get it. She and her fans are mentally disturbed.

12. Sep 12, 2010 #11
    i grok spoiled meat. Jem has more talent and isn't skanky.

13. Sep 12, 2010 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gaga?view=uk [Broken]

So it must be referring to her old age.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  14. Sep 12, 2010 #13

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Not much to think about.

In response to the question. :zzz:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  15. Sep 12, 2010 #14
    She makes some great club hits and that is the music scene at the moment.

16. Sep 12, 2010 #15

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

One more reason to avoid such places - that and guys who move too much - and loud people. :biggrin:

17. Sep 12, 2010 #16
    You guys are kinda' gettin' off topic and just raggin' on her and not the picture. But that's ok if it's my thread and the mods don't mind. Really, I'm referring to her looks, the fashion statement, the pose, her sex-appeal, and of course the meat she has on her and the fact it's Vogue and not Playboy.

I believe she would have looked nicer in a red-laced negligee that looked similar to the meat but she's extreme-fashion and wanted to do something off the scale I think.

18. Sep 12, 2010 #17
    none.

19. Sep 12, 2010 #18

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It's like so many other similar pictures.

She wear too much make up IMO. Maybe if I was 30 years younger I might find her more appealing.

I think most 'fashion statements' are silly, and most runway models look ill and not very attractive.

I prefer old-fashioned and simple elegance, not flashy.

20. Sep 12, 2010 #19
    It would be more interesting if she was eating the meat... raw
    posing in meat is not really new... so I dont really get it - its not new or interesting and so not really fashion... for me anyway.
    its kind of saying: I am meat, and I am wearing meat! ? its kinda gross - she's wearing another animal's body on her body... but one is dead and the other is alive... hm so kinda arty!
    She's not really sexy tho, and the meat doesnt help...
    would be more interesting if she was wearing octopus! that would be more hot!

21. Sep 12, 2010 #20
    Any sane person above 14 automatically fails to give a crap about some pop star's irrelevant attention whoring.:wink:

22. Sep 12, 2010 #21

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This isn't about fashion, it is about provocativeness and showmanship. Going back to Turbo's post about Elton John, I liked him in spite of his circus act, but I guess it takes a circus act to stand out, even when you're as good as Elton.

I don't know the first thing about her music or talent, so I can't comment on that part.

23. Sep 12, 2010 #22
    She actually has some talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM

24. Sep 12, 2010 #23

Pengwuino

Gold Member

and in her case, what provocativeness?

25. Sep 12, 2010 #24

cronxeh

Gold Member

You know whats funny.. she is so much more attractive and better sounding in that video and style.. Like a better version of Alicia Keys

26. Sep 12, 2010 #25
    Why is is gross? It's not dripping red and smeared all over her face and stuff. Rather it was carefully placed on her body, or previously removed of all fluid, so as not to smear. Didn't you guys notice how it's so "cleanly" and stylishly placed on her body? I'm beginnin' to think you guys don't understand big business.

That's a sexy pose.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook