What's a good GPA? (considering grad school as well)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
wisvuze
Messages
372
Reaction score
1
Hello, I didn't do so well on two of my breadth courses this semester (half credits) so I went to a calculator and calculated that my highest potential (being realistic) GPA for this year would be in the 3.3 - 3.5 range (although 3.2 is also a possibility). What is considered a "good gpa"? And considering that I would like to go to grad school, what kind of GPA should I aim for? Would a year of mediocre GPA significantly affect the rest of my university career?

thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sure it depends on the University you would like to enter. GPA isn't everything that matters as it has been said hundreds of time in this forum, regarding grad school.
I think a 3.5 GPA is generally considered as good.