Whats a good SUNY(state university of New York) Engineering school?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 21K views
Bigman
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
currently I'm a student at the City College of New York, but New York City is expensive as hell to live in, I plain just don't like the city, and the reason I've been living here has been to be with my girl friend, who I'm breaking up with. So, I want to transfer somewhere, some place that's cheaper, less urban and with a lively college atmosphere. i'd love to move to cali or florida or someplace warm, but then i'd have to pay out of state tuition, so i think my only (cheap) option is something in the SUNY system. if anyone's familiar with the SUNY system as far as engineering majors go and has any thoughts, i would love to hear them, and if anyone knows of a way to study out of state for cheap, i would love to hear that even more! ~TIA
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure about engineering, but Stony Brook is very good for physics.

There are some fields of engineering where SUNY Albany and the University at Buffalo are good. All of these schools are part of the state university of New York system.
 
When the SUNY system was set up, Buffalo was to be the engineering center of excellence, Stony Brook, the science center, etc...

Buffalo is continually ranked very highly in the engineering world.