What's a Good Visual Presentation Software?

In summary: OpenOffice is third best and it's interface is based on older versions of MS Office which is even more confusing. It's also been discontinued so it's not being updated anymore.In summary, when it comes to free presentation software, LibreOffice and OpenOffice are the top contenders, with similar core functionality to PowerPoint. Other alternatives include Powtoon and the custom library used by the 3blue1brown YouTube channel. However, these may not be as powerful as Keynote, which is only available for Mac users and is not free.
kyphysics
preferably free :biggrin:

I used Prezi in high school and PowerPoint in middle, but haven't had to use anything since. thanks.

edited to add: if it's a really great one...I would be willing to look into buying it.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Libreoffice and OpenOffice have PowerPoint clones as part of their suite with similar core functionality.

jedishrfu said:
Libreoffice and OpenOffice have PowerPoint clones as part of their suite with similar core functionality.

I'll check out Libre Office. Appreciate it. :) Looks like OpenOffice is discontinued and had a last release 6 years ago.

Forgot to add that I thought Prezi was kind of "weak" even in h.s. (though usable). And PowerPoint was ridiculous and even worse than Prezi then, so if LibreOffice and/or OpenOffice are similar to PP in "power," then I'd probably not be interested.

animated graphics would be desired

kyphysics said:
preferably free :biggrin:

I used Prezi in high school and PowerPoint in middle, but haven't had to use anything since. thanks.

edited to add: if it's a really great one...I would be willing to look into buying it.

jedishrfu said:
You might find something here or you can google on presentation software:

https://www.powtoon.com/blog/5-best-prezi-alternatives/

Also 3blue1brown youtube channel uses something to do their videos that is quite impressive but it may be some custom software and video editing instead. (UPDATE He uses his own custom lib available on GITHUB)

http://www.3blue1brown.com/about/

k, thanks again!

Don't know what GITHUB is, but I shall soon find out I guess.

Btw, I had a philosophy professor last semester who used PowerPoint. We made fun of him to his face (in an affectionate way), but he won't change. Said he had a flip phone as recent as 2015.

Keynote tends to be the best, but I don't think it's free and it's Mac only.

LibreOffice is probably second best. It's interface is based on MS Office so some of the core functions are in strange spots, but once you get used to it, it's pretty easy to use.

1. What is a good visual presentation software?

A good visual presentation software is a computer program designed to create slideshows or presentations with visual aids such as images, charts, and graphs. These software programs are commonly used in business, education, and other fields to present information in a visually engaging and organized manner.

2. What features should I look for in a visual presentation software?

Some key features to look for in a visual presentation software include the ability to add multimedia elements, such as videos and audio, customizable templates and themes, collaboration tools, and compatibility with various devices and operating systems. It is also important to consider the ease of use and the availability of customer support.

3. Can I create interactive presentations with visual presentation software?

Yes, many visual presentation software programs allow users to create interactive presentations by incorporating interactive elements like quizzes, polls, and animations. These features can help keep the audience engaged and make the presentation more interactive and memorable.

4. What are some popular visual presentation software programs?

Some popular visual presentation software programs include Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi, Keynote, and Adobe Spark. Each of these programs has its own unique features and benefits, so it is important to research and consider which one best fits your needs.

5. Are there any free visual presentation software options available?

Yes, there are several free visual presentation software options available, such as Google Slides, Canva, and Prezi. These programs may have limited features compared to paid versions, but they can still be effective tools for creating visually appealing presentations.