Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's after solving the turbulence problem?

1. Aug 31, 2016 #1
    If physicists solved the turbulence flow problem what are the new things we will see in the physics world

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Which turbulent flow problem? Could you provide a link or two please?

4. Aug 31, 2016 #3
    Okay

5. Aug 31, 2016 #4
    The problem : Is it possible to make a theoretical model to describe the statistics of a turbulent flow (in particular, its internal structures)? Also, under what conditions do smooth solutions to the Navier–Stokes equations exist?
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17792378

6. Aug 31, 2016 #5

berkeman

Sounds like a schoolwork / homework problem. Why did you post this in the general technical PF forums and show no effort?

7. Aug 31, 2016 #6

berkeman

BTW, schoolwork questions are allowed in the technical forums if the level is graduate school and you show lots of your work on the question. What's your preference?

8. Aug 31, 2016 #7
    I don't think it is a schoolwork problem. If he were able to solve that school problem, he would probably win the Nobel prize (or at least a Fields Medal) :wink:.

9. Sep 1, 2016 #8
    This is not a school work I don't want to solve this problem because I can't . It's an unsolved problem and probably one of the most famous that physicists are stucked in .

10. Sep 1, 2016 #9
    Youre right

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted