What's Happening at the Human Services Department This Weekend?
- Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
170 replies · 23K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
So what did you guys have for lunch? Mine was great!
Miss you!
Miss you!
Last edited:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
No, I made it just fine. The plane ride was better than I thought, even if the guy next to me snored horribly for most of it.
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
Ivan Seeking said:I guess we should have warned Russ that Tsu was already here before he decided to take a shower!![]()
**groan** My EYES!1!1 I'm BLIND!1111
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
MIH meant she missed you guys.Borek said:Wait a moment, so you were flying for 8 hours and you are not with them?
You took wrong plane, or what?
I am still trying to get adjusted to the time change.
I must say that MIH is absolutely glowing! This is so much fun finally meeting everyone.
GeorginaS
- 236
- 1
berkeman said:... Crap sumburn hurts. I'm an idiot.
Am I allowed to say we knew that?
ViewsofMars
- 429
- 0
The photo looks like a shot of Belize, Southern CA, or at least a 100 other places on this planet! Sun burned Berkeman. Painful and dehydrated. Hope you feel better.
Last edited:
DanP
- 116
- 1
The whole island in the background will do-it for me. I promise I won't institute a visa system, so you all will be able to enjoy my land 

Borek said:As long as it is not raining, this hammock will do for me.
![]()
- 32,819
- 4,724
I still can't sleep when I'm supposed to ... jetlag is horrible!
Zz.
Zz.
DanP
- 116
- 1
ZapperZ said:I still can't sleep when I'm supposed to ... jetlag is horrible!
Zz.
Sleep is overrated.
MotoH
- 53
- 2
When do I get my postcard?
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
berkeman said:Greg is the best, awesome guy! Looks good too!
muahaha Berke is in the bathroom and left his account open.
Off to dinner!
- love greg
fdsafsdfdasfdsf234154
Two clues!
The time stamp for dinner would be 7 pm in Hawaii.
plus
googling "fdsafsdfdasfdsf" yields the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sArqYnFaYeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sArqYnFaYeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Has the hotel realized that you've thrown all of their furniture into the pool yet?
Bad boys and girls. bad. bad. bad...
Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
ZapperZ said:I still can't sleep when I'm supposed to ... jetlag is horrible!
Zz.
You're not supposed to sleep right now...
You'll have so many time to sleep when you'll come back home!
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Argh. I was too busy to take pictures yesterday...
But my computer illiterate friend did, and snapped the following picture from his HDTV which he was looking at when he called me and took a photograph with his new i-phone thingy, sent the picture to my cell phone, which I forwarded to my email address, which I uploaded and...
sorry.
No lampshades.
12 week old Aussie Shepherd belonging to the hippie in the background.
Puppies rule!
But my computer illiterate friend did, and snapped the following picture from his HDTV which he was looking at when he called me and took a photograph with his new i-phone thingy, sent the picture to my cell phone, which I forwarded to my email address, which I uploaded and...
sorry.
No lampshades.
12 week old Aussie Shepherd belonging to the hippie in the background.
Puppies rule!
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
You all are hilarious! I'm having a great time! I wish I could divulge more, but have been sworn to secrecy about the details. We have a big afternoon/evening planned here, so this is probably my last post. I need to get ready and we're unlikely to be checking in until the evening's festivities are over, whenever that is. Hopefully I'll stay awake longer than I did last night (the west coasters definitely have the advantage on me...at least Zz turned in earlier than I did, so I wasn't the first to bail out to head to bed). I'm going to head down to the cafe for some coffee to make sure I don't start nodding off so early tonight.
I think there will be dancing too, so that will help me stay awake. I wasn't doing so well with just sitting around in the bar last night.
I should have gotten one of those disposable underwater cameras for yesterday though! I had a ball snorkeling. The fish are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait until I get the green light to explain more about what we're up to here and can start posting all the photos!
It's just too short of a trip though. I'd have loved to have stayed an extra week, but couldn't get the time off work. Even a nice long weekend is nice though (though I've heard it's been a beautiful weekend back home too and I'm probably going to be returning to cold and snow. Figures! )
I should have gotten one of those disposable underwater cameras for yesterday though! I had a ball snorkeling. The fish are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait until I get the green light to explain more about what we're up to here and can start posting all the photos!
It's just too short of a trip though. I'd have loved to have stayed an extra week, but couldn't get the time off work. Even a nice long weekend is nice though (though I've heard it's been a beautiful weekend back home too and I'm probably going to be returning to cold and snow. Figures! )
Admin
- 69,784
- 25,632
berkeman said:Greg is the best, awesome guy! Looks good too!
muahaha Berke is in the bathroom and left his account open.
Off to dinner!
- love greg
fdsafsdfdasfdsf234154
Holy crap! WTH Greg? I mean I know you're the boss and all, and well, you know. But hacking my account on, well, okay, your website... Um, well whatever. You own the place.
Jeeze, why don't you post some pictures of me in the shower or something. Come to think of it, that might make up for you hacking my laptop...
Anyway, it will be good to get back to the mainland. Never thought I'd say that.
Last edited by a moderator:
waht
- 1,502
- 4
berkeman said:Holy crap! WTH Greg? I mean I know you're the boss and all, and well, you know. But hacking my account on, well, okay, your website... Um, well whatever. You own the place.
Jeeze, why don't you post some pictures of me in the shower or something. Come to think of it, that might make up for you hacking my laptop...
Greg is the best, awesome guy! Looks good too!
Lol, you got to admit that was pretty funny.
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
berkeman said:Holy crap! WTH Greg? I mean I know you're the boss and all, and well, you know. But hacking my account on, well, okay, your website... Um, well whatever. You own the place.
Jeeze, why don't you post some pictures of me in the shower or something. Come to think of it, that might make up for you hacking my laptop...
Anyway, it will be good to get back to the mainland. Never thought I'd say that.
Last edited by Greg Bernhardt; Y at 11:33 PM..
waht
- 1,502
- 4
Lisa! said:Last edited by Greg Bernhardt; Y at 11:33 PM..
![]()
hehe,
ohhh man Greg has it coming
Similar threads
- Grasshopper
- · Replies 11 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 11
- Roberto Teso
- · Replies 26 ·
- Aerospace Engineering
- Replies
- 26
- cmkluza
- · Replies 7 ·
- Mechanics
- Replies
- 7
- Nicholas Lee
- · Replies 1 ·
- Atomic and Condensed Matter
- Replies
- 1
- jaydnul
- · Replies 1 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 1
- davidbenari
- · Replies 1 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 1
- MacLaddy
- · Replies 6 ·
- Chemistry
- Replies
- 6
- Chevron
- · Replies 1 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 1
- Greg Bernhardt
- · Replies 8 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 8
- SLA
- · Replies 1 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 1
.