What's in the center (at r=0) of the sun?

In summary: The Attempt at a SolutionI read about sun.in the core there is fusion.neutrinos...etc.but i don't have a full idea.thanks for your helps.Welcome to PF;The idea of the exercise is to provide a summary of your understanding of the material you have just covered, and to ask for feedback. You are not required to answer any questions, but feel free to do so if you feel you can provide more useful information.Since none of us were present in your classroom, we cannot advise you better than to read around some more. We may be able to help you with references, however, the internal structure of the Sun is quite a big topic - you
elif

Homework Statement

There is no given data.the instruction ask to write ab essay about this topic.what will be find in the center?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I read about sun.in the core there is fusion.neutrinos...etc.but i don't have a full idea.thanks for your helps.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF;
The idea of the exercise is not to provide full info but to write about your understanding in terms of the coursework you have just done.
Since none of us were present in your classroom, we cannot advise you better than to read around some more. We may be able to help you with references, however, the internal structure of the Sun is quite a big topic - you can help narrow it down. What education level is this supposed to be completed at?

The year is 5201. A millennium and half year ago, CBPC
(Collaborative Brain Powered Computing) has been initiated and now
it has been used in many ways through out the Earthling society.

In one of the latest usage more than 3 billion (70% of world
population!) humans connected their brain to calculate Near Earth
Objects (asteroids that can pass too close to Earth orbit) of next
millennium. The experiment found 73 such asteroids and EFS
(Earthling Federation of Sun) successfully diverted them to Sun.

The next experiment will use "WHOLE POPULATION" to create a model
of the Sun up to the radius r=0.000 000 000 000 000 m.

What do you think they will find at the very center of the Sun?

Hint:
[1] Remember to question everything!
[2] Einstein: We can't solve problems by using the same kind
of thinking we used when we created them.
[3] Observables are the limits of our perception.
This is What he gives us.I read the about the sun core in order to have an idea.I can collect that information but i couldn't answer his question. I think he ask them give a suggestion. Thank you

If you do not answer questions, we cannot help you.
Basically my reply is unchanged by the new information.

What education level is this supposed to be completed at?

There's quite a lot left to tell us:
There are 3 important hints - what happens when you apply them to the description?
i.e. hint 1: question everything. Did you? What did you come up with?

You should be relating the question to your course so far. What have you been studying in class over the last week or so?

It is well-known how the center of sun looks like, and you can find the answers in textbooks of 2015. No need to wait another 3186 years.

Likes Doc Al
@mfb: But maybe the question is not about what is actually in the center of the Sun ... the question is asking about what the SF brain network would find.
Probably nothing useful if it's performance on counting NEOs is anything to go by.

The hints would seem to back this up.

I wonder if one possible answer is that the brain-net will think there are asteroids inside the Sun? After all - the EFS diverted 73 of them there.

This is why I want to know the education level and the topic of recent lessons.
Maybe they have been studying the structure of the Sun and the rest of the SF story is so much rubeum allec.

Hah! Allec Rubeum could be someone's name - whoever he is, he'd be a greatly diverting speaker. I wonder if... <wanders off...>

Simon Bridge said:
But maybe the question is not about what is actually in the center of the Sun ... the question is asking about what the SF brain network would find.
I hope it finds what is actually there. Otherwise we should move the thread to the science fiction section.

Simon Bridge said:
After all - the EFS diverted 73 of them there.
Which is pointless on its own.

@elif: which kind of course is that? Physics or something about writing?

I hope it finds what is actually there. Otherwise we should move the thread to the science fiction section.
Oh but it's "homework", says elif, so it belongs in some sort of homework section ... evaluating what a particular model would find, even if that is incorrect in fact, is still science. Also, some people try to teach critical inquiry in science classes ... it's a thing. Sometimes they use fictional examples to test a students ability... it's just got my spidey senses tingling as that sort of problem.
Mind you - it is blurring the lines quite a bit here.

I think if the question amounts to "what is at the center of the Sun?" the answer won't make much of an essay.

Its an introduction to astrophysics course.We studied the sun.I mean its layer ,how we know about its interior..etc.I know how the center of sun looks like.I asked instructor.the question is not about what the SF brain network would find.He said that the question is What do you think they will find at the very center of the Sun?.I'm confused about that topic

elif said:
What do you think they will find at the very center of the Sun?.I'm confused about that topic

You said you studied the Sun and learned about its interior. Based off of that information, what is at the center of the Sun? It sounds to me like your instructor just wants you to regurgitate your knowledge in essay form.

then why he said that we are in 5201? he ask from us to think about the future

elif said:
then why he said that we are in 5201? he ask from us to think about the future

Yes, I actually deleted my post, but it appears I was too slow and you had already seen it. Guess I'll just undelete it.

Honestly, after re-reading the scenario, I can't begin to fathom why your instructor chose such a ridiculous example.

İf I understand what he wants from me I can find some ideas.I don't know what we don't know about the suns center

Yes, I've encountered the same issue in school myself. I don't see any other way of going about this other than by getting clarification from your instructor on what exactly they are asking. In the meantime you could start your essay by explaining what we do know about the Sun's core.

thank you for your advice

Simon Bridge said:
I wonder if one possible answer is that the brain-net will think there are asteroids inside the Sun?

I would hope not, at least not intact asteroids...

elif said:
What do you think they will find at the very center of the Sun?
... so disregard everything else and answer the question.
Try to figure out how the hints factor in.

PeterDonis said:
would hope not, at least not intact asteroids...
Well... compared with the brain-net's counting of NEO's... maybe it will just count a correspondingly lower density in the solar core (we can expect the same reasoning to lead to the same problems a la hint #2)? Fortunately we are informed that the exercise is not to second-guess the brain net. That makes pretty much all the description superfluous. I wonder how many students with this assignment are similarly confused?

1. What is the temperature at the center of the sun?

The temperature at the center of the sun, also known as the solar core, is estimated to be around 27 million degrees Fahrenheit (15 million degrees Celsius). This extremely high temperature is due to the intense pressure and nuclear fusion reactions happening at the core.

2. What elements are present at the center of the sun?

The center of the sun is mainly composed of hydrogen and helium, with small amounts of other elements such as oxygen, carbon, and iron. These elements are constantly undergoing fusion reactions, releasing energy in the form of heat and light.

3. How does the pressure change at the center of the sun?

The pressure at the center of the sun is incredibly high, estimated to be around 340 billion times the pressure at the Earth's surface. This pressure is due to the weight of the layers of gas and plasma above the core, pushing down on the center.

4. Is there any movement or rotation at the center of the sun?

The intense heat and pressure at the center of the sun cause the gas and plasma to move and rotate in a process known as convection. This movement helps to transport heat from the core to the surface of the sun.

5. How is energy produced at the center of the sun?

The core of the sun is where nuclear fusion reactions take place, converting hydrogen into helium and releasing a large amount of energy in the process. This energy is then transported to the surface of the sun through convection, where it is radiated into space as light and heat.