Calculate the density at the centre of the Sun

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
artworkmonkey
Messages
12
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement


Assuming you know the core mass, and other data about the sun, such as temperatures and pressures. Find the density at the very center of a star.

Homework Equations


I think this may be involved.

P(r) = p(r)/µmH kT(r)

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
I don't know where to begin with this. I tried changing the equation to make density the subject, but when I plug figures in I seem to be way off. I thing I maybe going down the wrong path.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I rearrange the equation to be p(r)=µmHP(r)/kT(r)
maybe this is not the right equation.
 
artworkmonkey said:

Homework Equations


I think this may be involved.

P(r) = p(r)/µmH kT(r).
Impossible to say without knowing how all those variables defined.