Whats the intergral of sqrt(25-9x^2)?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter grizz45
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
grizz45
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Whats the intergral of sqrt(25-9x^2)?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Factor out a 25 from under the radical and use trig substitution.
 


rochfor1 said:
Factor out a 25 from under the radical and use trig substitution.
I would factor out 9 from under the radical to give 1/3*sqrt(25/9 - x^2) and use trig substitution. After I got the antiderivative I might then go to the Wolfram site to check my result against theirs.
 


Mark44 said:
BTW, there is no such word as "intergral."
Nonsense.

The intergral, or rather, in German, Der Inter-Graal, was the cup Jesus drank from in the wedding in Kanaan(?) where he made water into wine.

This to distinguish it from the grail, or Der Graal, the cup he drank from at the last Supper.
 


OK, let me be more specific: there's no such word as "intergral" in English. And it appears that there is no such word in German, either. Inter-Graal != intergral.:smile: