What's the View Like From My New Place?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pictures
In summary, Bear with me, I'm learning how to use my camera phone and I've just e-mailed these to myself from my phone. When I get my SD adaptor hopefully they'll look better.
Kurdt said:
What are we going to do with you Evo? I hope its not too serious and gets better soon.

*sends urgent request to kings horses and men*
Where is my protective suit you've been working on?? :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll get on it.

Poor Evo! Sorry to hear about that.:frown:

Maybe this will make you laugh. I am playing "Miss Pretty Kitty pageant" with Jelly. I just took pictures of her in her tiara.

prettykitty.jpg

She is such a tolerant cat.

Sorry I don't have photos of the talent competition.

Oh, she's so elegant! :!)

Thanks! I guess it wasn't much of a competition since we only had one contestant. But we had a great time.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/89/67/23366789.jpg

http://blog.designpublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/jolynn_recycle.jpg

I hope it's not broken, and you're OK

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of your boo-boo...hope it doesn't hurt too bad!

Evo said:
It appears that I may have broken my right arm last night. I didn't break it in two like my left arm. I have a very painful egg sized lump on the front side of my arm just below the elbow, a minor break or crack. I guess I will know for sure Monday when I go to the doctor.

This wasn't my fault. The Evo Child likes to work out at the excersize club here because it is less crowded than the one at her apartment, and she left one of her dumbells lying in the middle of the hallway. Of course I tripped over it and sacrificed my arm to save smashing my face. All in all a wise decision on my part.

I hope you get better..and the boo boo is not too much of a boo boo.

Unfortunately I have been diagnosed with a ailment the other day..:cry:

~christina~ said:
Oh no, what's wrong? Or do you not wish to say? I hope whatever it is you'll be ok!

~christina~ said:
I hope you get better..and the boo boo is not too much of a boo boo.

Oh no, ~christina~! Nothing serious, I hope...?

lisab said:
Oh no, ~christina~! Nothing serious, I hope...?

Evo said:
Oh no, what's wrong? Or do you not wish to say? I hope whatever it is you'll be ok!

Sigh*...hyperthyroidism...well at least my eyeballs aren't swelling out of my head, but the gland is swelling out of my neck, and it's uncomfortable.

What led me to visit the doctor was the fast heartbeat and exaustion I had.

I hope I'll be fine but I don't want to take meds.

Last edited:
~christina~ said:
Sigh*...hyperthyroidism...well at least my eyeballs aren't swelling out of my head, but the gland is swelling out of my neck, and it's uncomfortable.

It's not likely to go away by itself and I know people that have it under control by taking medication.

Don't forget that we have chat tomorrow, I expect you to be there.

Evo said:
It's not likely to go away by itself and I know people that have it under control by taking medication.

It runs in the family..my dad had it but it went away and he's fine now.
Don't forget that we have chat tomorrow, I expect you to be there.

:rolleyes: I'm going to visit the zoo tommorow and actually that's what I did last week.

And I have school next week...ducks*

Sorry, christina! Having to take meds sucks...I feel for you. But at least medical science is there for us when we need them :smile: - better that way, definately!

~christina~ said:

What led me to visit the doctor was the fast heartbeat and exaustion I had.

are you a scientologist?

Taking medicine only sucks if it doesn't help you.

Christina, I think that Lisa is right, better give it a chance.

Evo I hope your arm heals soonest.

Kurdt said:
Taking medicine only sucks if it doesn't help you.
Yeah, well I felt like **** today after going to the zoo.
I was dying after the walk...more like marathon at the zoo.
Andre said:
Christina, I think that Lisa is right, better give it a chance.
:rolleyes: I still don't know..
rewebster said:
are you a scientologist?
So your saying

all who do not want to take medicine= scientologist?
how is this logical?
lisab said:
Sorry, christina! Having to take meds sucks...I feel for you. But at least medical science is there for us when we need them :smile: - better that way, definately!
The only reason that I don't want to take it is because it slows down everything including muscles, heart, organs...should I include brain? (Tapazole)

I hope it's not broken, and you're OK

We all hope!

Just like we all hope ~christina~ will get better.

Last edited:
~christina~ said:
:rolleyes: I still don't know..

The only reason that I don't want to take it is because it slows down everything including muscles, heart, organs...

But if everything runs too fast, isn't that appropriate?

should I include brain? (Tapazole)

Why, isn't that a different process? It's not a tranquilizer, is it? Anyway you won't know how much better things could be if you did not give it a try, right?

Hope you feel better soon christina. You should have come to chat :biggrin:

Evo said:
It appears that I may have broken my right arm last night. I didn't break it in two like my left arm. I have a very painful egg sized lump on the front side of my arm just below the elbow, a minor break or crack. I guess I will know for sure Monday when I go to the doctor.
This wasn't my fault. The Evo Child likes to work out at the excersize club here because it is less crowded than the one at her apartment, and she left one of her dumbells lying in the middle of the hallway. Of course I tripped over it and sacrificed my arm to save smashing my face. All in all a wise decision on my part.

How's the arm?

Andre said:
But if everything runs too fast, isn't that appropriate?
Yes, of course Andre, however I want to take the natural approach. This would mean trying to solve the problem with non-manmade drugs. (I should have made that more specific)
Why, isn't that a different process? It's not a tranquilizer, is it? Anyway you won't know how much better things could be if you did not give it a try, right?
I seriously would rather take bugleweed tea or suppement. It's a plant that people use specifically for hyperthyroidism. I reasearched it online on the weekend.
Borek said:
Just like we all hope ~christina~ will get better.
I hope so too :smile:
Kurdt said:
Hope you feel better soon christina. You should have come to chat :biggrin:
Thanks Kurdt ^____^
I would have come to chat but I was killing myself by walking. (I think I need the exercise)

Just posting this picture as a reference to the "Bad" picture in the "Bad" pictures thread.

camerapictures296bf0.jpg

Here is another picture I considered for the "Bad" picture contest. It was raining and the creek behind my house was flooding, it was twilight, so not enough light for a good exposure.

twilighttreesbw1.jpg

Another dreamy, impressionist image!

turbo-1 said:
Another dreamy, impressionist image!

yeah, I agree---if only Bob Ross could have painted 1/10th as good as that looks

Here is a picture of one of our security people on a segway talking to the guard at the entrance to my office.

I don't understand why we have security people that can hardly walk.

segwayguardrqb0.jpg

Evo said:
Here is a picture of one of our security people on a segway talking to the guard at the entrance to my office.

I don't understand why we have security people that can hardly walk.

segwayguardrqb0.jpg

I picture an episode of the TV series COPS, where the cameraman keeps outrunning the security guard on the Segway, and having to wait. Finally getting impatient and tripping the bad guy and sitting on him until the Segway gets close by, but can't climb the curb...

That's pathetic, Evo. What good is a security guard that is so obese that he/she cannot respond to emergencies? If they are not fit enough to help a resident escape a dangerous situation (CO problem, fire, etc) their utility is limited to perhaps detecting a dangerous situation and then hollering "ooh!, ooh!" into their radio until some real help arrives. If a resident is injured or killed because the staff in incapable of responding to an emergency (hopefully they have SOME training), I see a rich opportunity for lawyers.

That's at work. But, I can't imagine them going after someone that can run up or down stairs or across the lawns, or even someone running down a sidewalk.

I guess in fairness I should point out the two primary purposes/responsibilities of Security Guards (as opposed to sworn law enforcement officers)...

-1- Deterrence -- by your presence, you should be a deterrent to criminals contemplating the property that you are guarding

-2- Observation & Recording -- if a crime is committed in your presence, you should be a good observer, and note all details of the criminals that could lead to their apprehension

(Yes, I'm paraphrasing from memory, and yes, I have a security guard certification).

But as for #1, I'm not so sure it would be a good deterrent to have a guard on a 5mph Segway guarding something valuable if I'm a criminal in a hoodie, and I can run 10mph for a long ways. Then again, most criminals can't run 10mph for very far...

I don't think anyone fears these people. :-p

All a criminal would have to do is cut across the lawn and they'd lose him. The Segways can't go across the lawn and through hedges.

Of course now that they've placed a plastic sticky in the window next to the door with a gun in a red circle with a line across it, we have no fear of anyone bringing a gun inside. :rolleyes:

As a deterrent, perhaps the bad guys would be laughing to hard to do any real harm.

You know, it can be one of these Disabilities/Discrimination things. For example in UK if you have dyslexia you can be a nurse even if it is obvious that sooner or later you may misread dose of crucial medicine that you have to give to a patient. Perhaps that's the same situation - just because you are overweight and slow you can't be stopped from being a security guard, as that will mean discrimination.