Where are you on the political compass?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Lyuokdea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Compass
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
35 replies · 7K views
Economic : 0.0
Lib/Auth : 1.59

Strange. That puts me right in moderate territory.

It must be skewed. I usually consider myself a "Right-Libertarian".


I have to wonder though how they were able to get Ghandi, Hitler, Stalin, et. al. to answer all those questions. Pretty neat trick, that is.

Im sure that if many of those people could actually answer those questions, the people who made the test would be pretty surprised at the results.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Economic Left/Right: -3.62
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00


I'm suprised. I was expecting to be closer to 0 on the economic scale, and further negative on the other. I think the test (or at least the way I interpreted it) is slanted towards individual ideals rather than political viewpoints. Though I am not a materialistic person, I strongly believe in capitalism. If you ask my personal preferences, I might sound like a socialist, but if you ask about my economic philosophy, I'll sound more like a capitalist.

Njorl
 
economic:-3.75
liberatarian\authuratarian:-4.46

gandhi-mandela terretory.this was expected. however if every one is in the 3rd quad. how come most political leaders today are in the first?any ideas?got similar on line assessment tests on other things. just love to give them.
 
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

I am surprised that scored so left - I find myself disagreeing with many leftists over actually policy. This puts me in "Green Party" territory, a party I don't particulary like.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The only one I see in that quadrant is Friedman who I know little about.

You are not nearly as economically right as Friedman. Friedman = a less irrationally idiotic Ayn Rand, though still idiotic. Friedman, from what I hear, gets little respect in academia (Ayn Rand just gets mocked or ignored), even in economics where he won the Nobel Prize (many people wonder how the hell he got it, even conservatives - econmic libertarians in general are seen as fools who neither have the capacity nor the will to actually learn how markets work in reality).


edit -Whoa! Friedman (the intellectual father of trickel down economics) now admits he was wrong! Well, at least in the actual real-world use of his famous position by England... http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,6903,982271,00.html
 
Last edited by a moderator: