News Where are you on the political compass?

  • Thread starter Lyuokdea
  • Start date
147
0
Take the test: http://www.politicalcompass.org/


Where do you stand?


I am:

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13
 

Zero

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.51

Woohoo, I win!
 
147
0
you can't really win, its a political test, there aren't right answers
 

Zero

Originally posted by Lyuokdea
you can't really win, its a political test, there aren't right answers
I'm feeling like a Republican today, so of course their are right answers...MINE! All the rest of you are traitors if you disagree!
 
50
9
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.82

What does that mean to me? I am pretty new to this political crap.
 

Zero

Originally posted by Andy
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.82

What does that mean to me? I am pretty new to this political crap.
Means you are liberal when it comes to cash, middle of teh road concerning government power.
 
50
9
Yea that sounds about rite,
 
147
0
Originally posted by Zero
I'm feeling like a Republican today, so of course their are right answers...MINE! All the rest of you are traitors if you disagree!
If you feel there are right answers you are no libertarian, those who actually have those political views must accept the political views of others, republican or democrat.
 

kat

12
0
Economic Left/Right: -2.62
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03:wink:
 

GENIERE

My score was X= +4, Y= -1, a fiscal conservative and social moderate.

Andy’s not a fiscal liberal; he tested as a fiscal communist leaning towards social authoritarian.

Zero, you fit right in with the flower children of the early 70’s, which is surprising to me. I thought you would have tested about where Andy did.
 
147
0
-5 doesn't quite make you a communist, maybe a socialist or so, although the leaning towards social authoritarian part is probably correct, although only slightly
 

Zero

Originally posted by GENIERE

Zero, you fit right in with the flower children of the early 70’s, which is surprising to me. I thought you would have tested about where Andy did.
Well, I'm all for personal freedom and personal responsibility, don't forget.
 

steppenwolf

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

YAY! kicking back with Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama!
actually i'm quiet a bit loxer then them...
 

Zero

Originally posted by steppenwolf
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

YAY! kicking back with Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama!
actually i'm quiet a bit loxer then them...
You are right there with me...and I'll bet if we compared notes, we would still disagree on a ton of stuff!
 

Tsu

Gold Member
353
63
Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54
 

steppenwolf

yes it seems the 3rd quadrant is the hip, happening place to be!
 

russ_watters

Mentor
18,979
5,140
2,-1.9. Interesting insight into where people stand. And I guess that makes me pretty rare: I'm alone in the lower right quadrant - both on this board and on the charts on their website. The only one I see in that quadrant is Friedman who I know little about.
 

schwarzchildradius

Wild! I got ecn=-6.0 ; pol=-3.64, putting me in the same quadrant as the Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, Ghandi. So that makes me a communist anarchist? or a leftist-liberterian? I don't think anybody should have to give up their land to the government, unless they are poisoning the water and destroying it for more than a generation.
 

FZ+

1,550
2
Economic Left/Right: -2.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

Hmm... Like Ghandi, only more Pro-Business and and libertarian.

Russ: If you go onto the next page, where it talks about political parties, then you can see you pretty much fit into the lib dem position - which is wierd since well... you don't exactly suit them. (Funny there are no lower left quantrant ones other than the wacko Greens...)
 

russ_watters

Mentor
18,979
5,140
Originally posted by FZ+
Russ: If you go onto the next page, where it talks about political parties, then you can see you pretty much fit into the lib dem position - which is wierd since well... you don't exactly suit them. (Funny there are no lower left quantrant ones other than the wacko Greens...)
Despite what some would suggest in this forum, I'm my own person. I think for myself. And there are issues that each political party is wrong on and I'll say so.

I think I take the opposite approach to politics from most people. I see most people getting an ideology and attaching it to specific issues, which can blind them to the flaws of the ideology (Communism is a perfect example). I go the other way - I think through an individual issue and let the ideology fall where it may. So while that makes people think I'm a contradiction, I don't see it that way.

A Republican who is pro choice and pro gun control?? WTF??!? :wink:
 

FZ+

1,550
2
Well... another funny thing is that the Lib Dems have always been accused of being the party "which steals everyone else's ideas" .
 

russ_watters

Mentor
18,979
5,140
Originally posted by FZ+
Well... another funny thing is that the Lib Dems have always been accused of being the party "which steals everyone else's ideas" .
Sure, there is always a negative way to look at it: people who fit into one party or the other well are brainwashed and people who don't just steal everyone else's ideas. I'm more optomistic and idealistic than that though.
 

Zero

Originally posted by russ_watters

A Republican who is pro choice and pro gun control?? WTF??!? :wink:
...and not even a rabid fundamentalist Christian!!
 

BoulderHead

I wasn't able to complete the poll, kept getting a dead link at the end. There were questions which I had left unanswered because I didn't like the choices, maybe that explains the dead link.
 
147
0
it probably does, you have to answer every question, that is part of the quiz
 

Related Threads for: Where are you on the political compass?

Replies
79
Views
7K
Replies
108
Views
9K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
31
Views
7K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
44
Views
6K
Replies
87
Views
5K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
44
Views
4K
Replies
11
Views
12K
Replies
207
Views
19K

Hot Threads

Top